Chapter 2

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is April 18th, 2021. Can I just say that the things I'm writing in The Arrangement, my Kylo Ren x Reader, have sent me to my Star Wars shrine to repent for my sins multiple times, and I'm likely going to have to sob to my Loki one and repent for those too??

*ANGLES BUTTER SOCK AT YOU* HAVE YOU LISTENED TO PURGE THE POISON BY MARINA YET??

Y/n surveys Loki in his chains with a small smirk. "You don't look bad in those. The light really catches them," she jokes.

"I could say the same for you, darling," he responds, leaning forward to kiss her. The guards holding the chains yank them away and they roll their eyes in unison, leading them through the grand throne room of Asgard. 

Y/n's eyes lock with Odin and the throne and she giggles a little, turning to Loki. "Remember what we did on there while he was snoozing?" She asks mischeviously, raising her voice so everyone could hear them. Odin raises an eyebrow as Loki purses his lips, desperately fighting to conceal a smile.

"Oh, how could I forget?"

"Loki. Y/n," Frigga says, stepping out from behind a column.

"Hello, mother. Have we made you proud?" Loki asks.

"Please, don't make this worse," she begs, fiddling with her ring.

Y/n hums and purses her lips. "Define worse."

"Enough!" Odin roars. "I will speak to the prisoners alone." Frigga casts a wary glance at the couple and scampers out. 

Loki chuckles and clicks his heels together, the cuffs around his ankles clanking. "I really don't see what all the fuss is about."

"Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes? Wherever you both go there is war, ruin and death," Odin says.

"We went down to Midgard to rule the people of Earth as benevolent gods. Just like you," Y/n says.

"We are not gods. We are born, we live, we die. Just as humans do," Odin explains monotonously.

She snorts. "Give or take 5000 years."

"All this because the lovers desire a throne," Odin taunts.

"It is our birthright," Loki growls.

"YOUR BIRTHRIGHTS- were to die as children. Cast out onto a frozen rock. Banished from Alfheim. If Frigga and I had not taken you both in you would not be here now to hate me," Odin shouts. Y/n winces at his brashness.

"If we are for the axe, then for mercy's sake, just swing it. It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just ... I don't love them," Loki lilts.

"Frigga is the only reason either of you are still alive and you will never see her again. You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeons," Odin orders.

Y/n bites the inside of her cheek, holding back tears as heat rises with each huff. "And what of Thor?" Loki demands. "You'll make that witless oaf king while we rot in chains?"

Thor must stride to undo the damage you have done. He will bring order to the nine realms and then, yes. He will be king," Odin says calmly again. 

Y/n glares at Odin with as much hate as she can possibly muster. "You lying little snake-!" She yells at him, struggling against the chains. The guards yank her back as Odin watches in amusement. "You promised to love us! And care for us! You wonder why we are monsters, well take a good look in the mirror, old man. You. Made. Us."

\--/

"Hm. At least our cell is nice," Y/n remarks, spinning in a slow circle to survey the small cell. Loki comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her, resting his head on her shoulder.