News

**3 years Later**

"Hurry up Drew or we are going to be late," I hear Em call from downstairs. Trying to finish up getting ready.

"Give me 5 minutes beautiful and I will be ready," I say putting on my tie and putting on my suit jacket.

I walk down the stairs and see my beautiful wife holding Brandon and Laurel sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Well don't you just look handsome," she says giving me a kiss and handing me Brandon.

"You look beautiful as always," I say giving her a smile.

"Okay so the lawyer has all the papers and everything and all we have to do is show up," she says putting on her coat and getting the kids ready.

"Relax Em, we will be one time and yes Eric has everything and all we have to do is show up and have the judge sign off," I say.

"Well let's go and make this official then," she says scooping up Laurel and taking her out to the car.

We get to the court house and Em's and my parents are there.  We walk in and wait outside the family court room. 

Finally our names are called and our lawyer walks us in and we sit at the desk with the kids.

"Am I correct that both Emily and Andrew McKenzie are present today?" the judge asks us.

"We are your honor," Em says for the both of us.

"And the child in question Laurel Schinder, is also present?" he asks looking over to us.

"She is," our lawyer Eric says.

"Well all the paper work seems to be in order and looking at the child she looks to be in good health and happy," he says smiling.

"Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. McKenzie you adoption of Laurel is finalized.  I will write up an order so you can get her last name changed to McKenzie and thank you both for taking such wonderful care of this little girl.  She looks like she is thriving with you both," he says as he bangs his gavel.

I stand up and hug Em tightly and then pick up my daughter.  She smiles, "I wuv you daddy so much," Laurel says to me.

"Oh little girl you don't know how much I love you right back," I say holding her tightly. 

I give her to Em and she hugs Laurel tightly.  I shake Eric's hand and he says congratulations.

"Well it's official, she is a McKenzie," I say turning to our parents and smiling. 

We all head out for a celebratory dinner.  My heart couldn't be much fuller.  Laurel is officially ours.  I have grown to love that little girl over the past 3 years and when the social worker came to us and told us Tracy wanted us to keep her, Em and I were both thrilled.

I look around the table and realize that I have everything that I could ever want.  A beautiful wife, two amazing kids and a great career and to think this all started because I was failing my Econ class.

Em looks over at me and smiles, "What are you thinking about?" she asks me.

"Just how lucky I am.  I never in a million years thought I would end up here.  Thank you for making me the luckiest man," I say.

She leans in and kiss my lips softly, squeezing my hand. 

"Alright you two, there are children present," my mom says smiling.

Em blushes and goes to move her hand, but I hold it tightly.

"So the grandparents were thinking that these 2 could have a sleep over at our house," Em's mom says.