The Race

We got of the ice from the last game and it felt good. We had won 4-0 and I scored 2 of those 4 goals. There were a couple of scouts from the Bruins and Lightning there and they both came up and talked with me after the game.

Sitting at my locker and getting undressed. Coach came in and looked at Sam and I.

"McKenzie, Anderson get changed quickly and come see me," he said in a tone that sounded urgent.

I got changed and showered as quickly as possible and met coach in the other team's coach's office.

"We in trouble? I mean we just kicked their ass and I promise I have been good," I say smiling.

"Sit Drew and you too Sam," he says in a more serious tone.

"So I just got a call from your father Sam and there has been an incident with your sister it seems," he says.

"What happened to Emily?" I ask standing up.

"Sit Drew please. It seems that Derek Paulson is involved somehow with what happened to your sister and the police are looking for him," he says rubbing his face while talking to Sam.

"I'm going to fucking kill him," I say slamming my hand on the desk.

"Son I am going to pretend I didn't hear that. I guess your sister went to meet with him for some reason and over heard him talking to that girl who got arrested and then he chased your sister to your parent's house. She is safe though and unharmed," he says.

"Why the hell would Derek be involved in this?" Sam asks.

"He is in love with your sister and wants her back," I say looking at Sam.

"Did she tell you this?" Sam asks me.

"No he did the night of that party we went too. I had no idea he was involved in all of this though. I just thought he wanted Em back," I say looking at him.

"I have to get back now," I say to the coach.

"We have arranged for you and Sam to fly back to Boston in an hour. Your dad will pick you two up from the airport," he says.

I get up and head into the dressing to grab my stuff. I check my phone and see I have a missed call from Baby Anderson.  I listen to the voicemail, "Hey Drew, give me a call when you get this.  You were right not to trust Derek.  Somethings happened and I need to talk to you.  Love you lots."

I dial her number and it rings and rings, finally she picks up.

"Hey baby are you okay?" I ask her just needing to hear her voice.

"Hey Drew, yeah I am okay. Just a little tired and wanting you home. Something happened today," she says trying not to cry.

"I know  coach got a call from your dad and he just finished talking to Sam and I. We are on a red eye out of here in about an hour. So as soon as it lands I am coming to see you," I say just wanting to be with so bad at this moment.

"I was so stupid  and then when I heard him talking to Tracy and how he was involved with all this. Why did I ever sleep with him," she says crying.

"Baby, it's okay we all make mistakes. Hell I made a huge one sleeping with Tracy, but we have each other now and that is all that matters. I love you so much and again I wasn't there to protect you. I am so sorry," I say.

"This isn't your fault, I love you and just hurry home," she says.

"Get some rest Baby Anderson and when you wake up I will be there," I say promising her.