𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑔𝑒: 𝑆𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑏𝑎𝑙𝑙

December 15th, 1984

"There you go," Y/N exclaimed while she put the brush away into the bag.

"Thank you," the girl said as she looked in to mirror, smiling brightly making the room fill up with the warm, sister-like energy.

"You look beautiful, Mike is going to be amazed!" Y/N threw her hands in the air and hugged her from the side. Y/N was helping Eleven getting ready for the long awaited SnowBall event, taking place in Hawkins Middle School.

"It's really pretty! I love Mike a lot and I get to dance again like that time in the cabin!" El giggled and turned to Y/N, "Do you love.....Steve?"

As Y/N put the small makeup palettes away, she looked up at El remembering those stupid, loving moments her and Steve have had, those random close kisses being shared, but always were interrupted by one of the kids. She laughed a little, making the happy sensation fill her, she snapped out of the moment and focused her attention to El, "What? No, well, I-I have a crush on him."

"What's a crush?" Eleven sat next to her on the bed.

"A crush is like, what Mike had for you before you too confessed to each other," Y/N explained while she fidgeted with the bracelet she was gifted to on her 16th birthday.

"Love?"

"No it's like- fine I guess you can say love, but like a secret love for someone," She noted, "So I have a crush on him. I like him but he doesn't know."

"He does too you know? I heard him talking about you!" She tilted her head towards her, questioning if Y/N knew.

Y/N's E/C eyes widened, not believing the fact, "He was probably just talking about like h-how I take care of you guys."

"No he said how pretty you-"

"Hey Y/N," Hopper's deep voice called out from the doorway in his cabin, "Thanks for helping Jane. I appreciate it."

"It's El," She corrected, making Hopper roll his eyes and walk back to the living room. Eleven got up and spun in the nice, dark blue dress, with the silk ribbon tied to her waist, Y/N bought her a few weeks ago, "I like the dress!"

"I thought it really suited you so I did my best," Y/N replied grabbing her bag and keys ready to head out the door. She waved goodbye and walked out the bedroom door that led into the hallway. Looking over to the left side, she found the bathroom door, where Steve and her were about to share a desired kiss.

She was now inches away from Steve's lips, imagining her fingers digging to his thick, luscious hair. She clinged her arms around his neck and gently rubbed the back of his head as well, making Steve's ears turn red. He leaned a little closer, his breath was warm on Y/N's nose, she was cold and it made her relax, their lips were just slightly touching. He slid his arms around her waist and moved themselves pressing against a wall.

"You know you make a great babysitter," Hopper said behind her, making her jump, "I think you should get going since you have to be there earlier to chaperone right?"

"Yeah I should, thanks for letting me help El!" Y/N waved and exited out the front door. Going into her car, driving off to the middle school.

"Hi I'm Y/N L/N, I'm Dustin's cousin," Y/N shook the teacher's hand, the gymnasium was being decorated at the moment by other chaperones who volunteered.

"Nice to meet you Y/N. I've heard great things of you by the boys," He said, putting his hands on his hips, "I'm Mr, Clarke, Dustin's science teacher."

"Great to meet you, Mr. Clarke."

"I think you have to start setting up the things for the kids, thanks again for signing up as a chaperone," Mr. Clarke added.

"Yup I just want this event to come out amazing for the students!" Y/N responded, grabbing a box of ribbons, "So what are we waiting for?"

A few hours later, students were already filed inside at the SnowBall. Y/N saw Mike, Lucas, and Will come inside, she gave a little wave at them. Max came a few minutes later after the boys, but she didn't find Dustin anywhere. She remembered that Steve was bringing him here. Dustin strolled inside from the door with a weird look on his hair.

"Dusty, what the hell happened?" Y/N leaned to the table, ignoring the students that were fussing over.

"Farrah Fawcett," Dustin answered with a wink, Y/N cringed, "Pffft. Isn't that Steve's look?"

Dustin smirks and leans over to her, "Is little Y/N jealous that her precious boy doesn't have his signature look?"

The words made her turn a bright pink, "What?! No, of course not I mean-"

"Speaking of him, he's right over there," He points outside of the building as he walks away, "Make the magic happen."

Y/N turned to look at the transparent glass door to find Steve leaning to look at her in his car. Y/N awkwardly waved at him, and wiggled her fingers as a greeting, making him blush and turn away to focus on the steering wheel. Dustin wasn't really getting the girls and he was quite upset. Y/N turned back and found Steve still waiting in the parking lot.

"Hey, uh, Nance," Y/N started, tapping on Nancy's shoulder, "Can you cover for me? I need to go outside."

Nancy nodded and Y/N walked outside in the chill air to find Steve looking at her dress, she looked stunning. She came inside his car and plopped next to him.

"How's Dustin doing with the ladies?" He asked, observing her beauty, even her flaws were so attractive. Her being great around with the kids was a huge plus for him, actually liking this girl.

"Not so well, I want your bat and threaten them to dance with him,"She joked while she lit a cigarette. Every Breath You Take by the Police began to play inside. "I guess I won the bet."

"What?"

"I said, that Lucas is going to finally try to make a move since Max told me she likes Lucas," Y/N smiled, "I won that bet."

"You win," Steve confessed, "I mean you're usually right about most things."

"Why thank you," Y/N stated, looking outside, "I love this song."

Steve couldn't pull his eyes away from her, he actually began to love her. Her smile, her laugh, her jokes, and everything about her had made him so wishy washy, more than Nancy. This girl made him truly happy and I guess we could say she is the reason why he still wakes up everyday. He was head over heels for her, there was something about her that made him go so crazy for her.

Y/N giggled making Steve's heart fluttered. "You know, I still don't believe how I managed to live through all that and how we became such great friends."

"Yeah, it's so strange, but hey! The only thing that happened to both of us is that we became friends, right?" Steve turned to her. Steve glanced at their hands that were right next to each other, finally wanted to make a move and slowly placed his hands on hers.

Y/N looked up to meet his eyes, as their hands gently connected. His hand slipped through her bracelet, the bracelet keeping their wrists stuck together. Making the move gave him a huge wave of relief, she just looked at their hands and used her finger to tap his palm to the beat of the music playing. There was a silence between, just enjoying the presence of each other. "Wanna get out of here?"

"What?"

"Since we enjoy each other's company, maybe we can hang out anyways I don't know if they'd notice I'm gone."

"I guess so," He shrugged and laughed a little along with her. Such overwhelming emotions flooded over him, making him feel content with her.

Y/N faced him and put her hand on her chin. The faint music from the school rang in their ears, Y/N really liked this song, but she enjoyed it even more to be with her best friend.

"You know, I really like you Harrington."

veessant speaks
wow!! I guess we ended off today's journey with this book!! I hope you guys enjoy and
I'll be making the second part to
Y/N and Steve's relationship
It's gonna be out tomorrow and
I thank u so much for reading
It means a ton!! 💜💜