𝑀𝑎x

Steve, Y/N, and Dustin finally arrived at the Hawkins Junkyard. They all dumped the rest of the meat into a pile. "Yeah, this is fine," Steve asserted while he took off his glasses and walked over to a jacked-up bus. "Good call, Dustin."

Dustin played a big smile on his face and Y/N laughed. "You guys have officially turned me vegan now," Y/N groaned, "I really thank you Harrington!"

"Yup no problem!" Steve saluted from a few meters away, giving a big smile.

"Dustin!" A voice shouted, Y/N and Dustin turned around to find Lucas and a redhead girl standing next to him.

Dustin just stared at the girl and Steve turned to him with a this is her type of look. "It's that girl," Y/N whispered as she tugged Steve's jacket.

"Oh okay," He nodded keeping Y/N's hand on his shoulder. Y/N blushed and moved her hand away.
They all walked towards each other and waved. It felt nice to be reunited with her friends again.

"Wait, you know about this Y/N?" Lucas panicked.

"Well, yeah, Dustin told me just so I could help him," Y/N mentioned.

"Dude, I thought she wasn't supposed to know," Lucas fumed.

"But I thought we trusted her," Dustin defended as Y/N walked to the redhead girl. The boys were fighting behind her.

"Hey, I'm Y/N," She held a hand to shake to the girl, "I see that you've been with these shitheads. I believe you're Max, Dustin's told me all about you."

"Yeah, I mean Lucas dragged me to this hell hole," The girl noted, while she shook her hand, "That's me, I'm Max Mayfield."

"Nice to meet you, Max, I hope we could become great friends," Y/N greeted. "You seem cool and it feels great to have another girl in the group."

"Yeah, the boys have told me all about you. You are crazy about taking care of these psycho heads," Max complimented.

"I guess I am," Y/N replied, "We should start setting up the place."

They both heard Steve yelling at the boys, "Hey dickheads! Come on help me, it's just this random girl and Y/N that are helping me."

"Hey!" Y/N shouted from behind, "She's not just a random girl! She has a name!"

Steve stuck out his tongue and went back to pouring the gasoline near the pile of meat, the bait.

"Let's go!" He demanded.

"We're going!" Lucas and Dustin shouted, "Asshole."

"Are you his girlfriend?" Max asked, helping keep a piece of a metal scrape onto the side.

"No, I'm just his friend," Y/N shrugged, shaking her head at the thought.

"Oh okay, I was just wondering," Max replied with a chuckle as she held up the tin board.
Max nodded and they both started bringing pieces of metal to the bus as protection. They slowly got to know each other and Y/N saw that Max was Billy's step-sister

"Anyways, you are nothing like your brother. You're cool," Y/N complimented earning a smile from Max.

"Thank you. It's just that I've always been afraid that I'd be like my brother," Max noted, "It really sucks."

The kids continued to help in the junkyard. Max and Dustin were helping Steve set up a trap. While Y/N and Lucas were looking for materials.

"I gueth I could juth help you," Lucas mimicked and grunted.

"What's wrong?" Y/N kneeled beside him.

"Ugh, don't tell anyone okay? I kind of like Max, she's really cool," Lucas confessed trying to hide his face of embarrassment.

"Oh."

"I know it's embarrassing, but-"

"No, it's fine Lucas. Everyone has a crush and that's fine. I could give you advice if you want," Y/N soothed, giving him a rub on the back.

"Holy shit! You've been in a relationship?" Lucas dropped his jaw.

"Yeah, but that's beside the point," She said, crouching closer to him, "Well, if I were Max, I'd want a guy who actually cares about my feelings and thoughts. I would want someone who would protect me no matter the cost, but at the same time give me independence. Try to talk to her, open up to her, or let her open up to you."

"Wow, that's smart. Thanks, Y/N, but please don't tell anyone," Lucas suggested.

"It's fine, you know I would never tell anyone's secrets," Y/N smiled as she got up and brought the materials to them.

"I could give you advice if you need it right now," Lucas jeered.

"No I think I'm fine," Y/N waved him off.

"Hmm, are you sure? Because Steve always looks at you," Lucas pointed behind her.

"No," She nervously chuckled as she turned around to find Steve staring at her. Butterflies filled Y/N's stomach, she turned red, and faced Lucas, "I'm fine, I'm not his type anyway."

"So you do!" Lucas jumped and threw a fist in the air, "I knew it! You do like-"

Max, Dustin, and Steve saw Lucas jumping in the air as well as screaming. They all looked at them confused and weirded out. Y/N quickly put her hand on his mouth. "You better shut your trap before I tell Max, you got that?" She whispered. Lucas nodded and ran to Dustin.

The sun was beginning to set and the group was finally able to finish setting up the protection for the Demogorgon. Lucas, Max, and Dustin, were talking a few feet away from Steve and Y/N.

"So what's going to happen?" Y/N asked while she pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"Well, I guess Dustin plans to trap the thing," He also pulled a cigarette and glanced at Y/N. Jesus, the sunset's glow made Y/N look extremely beautiful. Why did he feel so nervous? She was his best friend and he didn't know this feeling.

"You know that the advice you gave Dustin was entirely wrong," Y/N peeped while she sat next to him.

"What?" Steve vocalized.

"I said you were wrong. Not all women are the same, Harrington. Plus, I wouldn't like someone that doesn't care about me, I'd feel invalidated," Y/N joked while she nudged his shoulder.

"Yeah, but I don't think a super soft guy would be someone's type," Steve added with a cocky smile.

"Oh well, I'd want a compassionate guy like that. And for your information, Lucas said that he had a crush on Max as well. I told Lucas to make Max feel special and valid so he'll get the girl," Y/N snapped back.

"So now you're trying to say that you're better than me and you can give better advice?" He commented when he turned to face Y/N and leaned closer to her.

"I know I am," She furrowed her eyebrows and smiled, "I bet that Lucas will get Max, he will make her feel special and she'll choose him."

"Oh I see. I bet that Dustin will get Max," He replied as he brushed his hand against Y/N's.

"Bet." She held his hand and poked his nose as she got up and walked over to the bus, "It's getting late we should go. You don't want to be that thing's bait, right?"

Steve laughed and followed her in to find the kids already settled down. The sun was already set for the night as the brisk wind flew upon the town. "Where were you two?" Dustin barked.

"Outside?" They both said at the same time, shrugging.

Dustin shrugged and turned to Max and Lucas. He whispered , "I'm convinced they're fucking each other."

"Hey! We can still hear you," Steve yelled and Y/N flipped him off.

"Yeah, and I want you guys to hear," Dustin shouted.

Y/N sat down next to Steve and nightfall had begun. Who knew this day would be the day that everything would change for her. She opened her bag and pulled out a pack of gum.

"Do you guys want some?