𝐹𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝐸𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑂𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟?

"C!"

"L."

"O"

"S"

"E"

"G"

"A"

"T"

"E"

"Close gate," Everyone pronounced out loud in sync, figuring the Morse code Will gave the group of kids and adults.

"What's that supposed to-"

The phone in the kitchen began to ring. Dustin walked over to the phone, picked it up in silence and didn't answer it. It rang again, this time, Nancy broke the phone and threw it across the room, leaving everyone with their mouth's opened.

"Did he hear that?" Max questioned, turns to everyone.

"It's just a phone, it could be anywhere," Steve responded, shrugging.

Damn, now it knew where they were.

Joyce put Will to sleep with the injection. Everyone began to prepare for the worst, Steve held his bat, Y/N held her gun, Lucas held his slingshot, and Hopper came with a rifle.

"Hey! Hey! Get away from the windows!" He shouted at the kids who were observing outside on the couch.

They all shuffled their way to the opposite wall. Hopper turned to Jonathan and held the rifle, "You know how to use this?"

"What?" Jonathan confusedly replied.

"Can you use this?" Hopper repeated, being more louder.

"Uh-"

Nancy walked forward, "I can." Hopper passed it to her and positioned herself. Now everyone was set, the kids were in the back, as the older ones were in front for backup.

"Nancy, you are full of surprises," Y/N proffered.

Nancy pulled the trigger and pointed to the window, so did Y/N. "Where are they?"

Faint roars and growls were heard nearby. The silence began to grow and the breaths were louder. They anxiously waited and stood still. The bushes outside began to move around and creating a loud noise, making everyone turn to the left window. A louder screech made its way to the front window now, where they heard whimpering and a crack, leaving everyone frozen. Another long pause.

CRASH!

A demodog flew and crashed through the window making then jump, some even yelped. Steve quickly moved Y/N right behind him to protect her. The thing laid there helplessly and dead. It looked like a demodog of which Dustin named. Hopper cautiously approached it, with him pointing his rifle towards it. Everyone's panting were noticeably louder.

"Holy shit!" Dustin's voice imparted.

"Is it dead?" Max inquired while they all reluctantly walked towards it.

Hopper trudged forward, and moved the dead demodog with his foot. No reaction, and everyone felt a slight wave of relief. Hopper lowered his rifle, and so did the others.

Creak

The door made a squeaky noise that made everyone turn to face the door. The lock slowly unlatched by itself, they all stood up and were ready to attack. The door opened with no assistance and a girl with a black sweater and a bloody nose came in. Everyone lowered down their weapons and to look at her.
Mike was surprised and had tears in his eyes as he stepped forward to make eye contact with her. They both stood in front of each other.