20: The Villain is actually--

Third POV

To change one’s fate, in exchange the other person will receive that misfortune instead of the previous one.

It meant if you want to live a happy life, your curse will be taken but one of your family will have that curse…

That is the hidden warning that Merlin was trying to said to Athanasia…

Sadly,

The princess took that opportunity to save her happy ending, her fate.

…while the other person, which is obvious, will received the curse and bad ending.

To pay the price, life between death.

Life pays with life.

That is the reality of the living.

The white witch currently stood respectfully in front of Her Majesty, Queen Irisviel, in the grand audience hall of the Einzhen Empire. The Queen had received the news about the crown prince’s recovery, much to her relief and can’t wait to meet him again.

“Although, Prince Arthur might stay at Uruk Empire with the king.” Merlin states with a smile.

“That is understandable due to his current state. I trust the King to protect him until we eliminate the threat to both the prince and the Obelia Empire.” Irisviel spoke with a serious demeanor.

As long as Arthur stays close either with Gilgamesh or Emiya, she wouldn’t be worried anymore. Now is to trace the dark magic with the help of Ishtar and Lucas. She had ordered Merlin to see any result of the future events and their strategies with the other kingdoms.

Irisviel knows what she is doing. It’s for the sake of her people and peace.

Who said being a Queen is weak without her king?

Meanwhile at Obelia

Jennette had come to the palace more frequently just to visit the Emperor, Claude. More to say that His Majesty himself invited her to come just so he can rest. With just her presence near him, he had the strange feeling that he can rest without having a painfully headache and surprisingly no nightmares.

It become a routine. Jennette came to visit, she do most of the talking and Claude just slept peacefully.

He doesn’t even care about Athanasia or Arthur at the moment.

He was…comfortable.

Strange.

It was to be expected that he doesn’t remember of how he was close to Athanasia or even know anything about his son. 9 years huh. Sadly, he doesn’t even remember that he used to be concern about Arthur’s well-being.

Just like the past.

In the Sapphire Palace,

Arthur’s room is dark, with no one is around except for servants who are waiting for their master’s return, silent fills in the empty bedroom of the crown prince.

The shadow at the corner from the wall, slowly merge and form a figure shape of a man. His dark jewel eyes glows in the dark and the slight light from the closed window shine his raven haired. Making his way to stands in front of the bed as his eyes glance at the small pendent on the desk.