Chapter 5: Namuri Ichigo

...

7:34 a.m ; Aoi Class, Azayaka Gakuen : Middle School Branch

"Thank goodness I wasn't late to school. I stayed up too late last night, writing in my diary about that Mid-Summer Festival" I thought out loud.

"Shi-ra-yu-ki-san!" Ichigo said from behind.

"Ichigo-san! You startled me!" I said.

"Did you forget about our group project?" asked Ichigo.

"S-Surely not!" I replied.

"Great! Visit my house this afternoon! Ayame-chan and Takahashi-kun will be there too!"

"O-okay..."

"Group projects, huh..." Mirielle said in deep thought.

"What's wrong Mirielle-chan?" I asked.

"Sigh... My groupmates are Narumi Andou, Omou Haruto and Fushime Kaita"

"Okay.. So what's the problem?"

"I couldn't do anything because Narumi-kun said he'd do everything on his own... And when I wanted to do it together..." Mirielle said, as she depressively lied down on her desk.

"See? He's a demon I tell you!" I said

"Ehhhh..." Mirielle said, who still looked depressed.

"Cheer up, Mirielle-chan! Wanna go help me do our project with Ichigo-san?" I asked.

"Eh?! Really? Sure!" Mirielle said excitedly.

I was glad to see Mirielle-chan smile. Ever since I apologized to her, we became the closest friends. I just loved talking to her and how her reactions and smiles just cheers me up.

When class started, I was wandering off somewhere. My mind was blank, not until my Math teacher called my attention.

"Ms. Shirayuki! Can you solve this problem, please?" My teacher said.

"Uhh... Etto.. I-I.. don't k-know..." I said nervously.

Everyone laughed and I blushed because of embarrassment. After the class, my teacher let me answer tons of algebraic problems; something about special products and polynomial stuff. I JUST DON'T GET IT! After an hour and a half (which felt like years) of torture, I went outside with Mirielle-chan to eat lunch. I happened to see Hayato with his bestfreind, Kashino walk by our school gate. I just blushed and looked away.

"Are you okay, Kura-chan?" Mirielle asked.

"Uhh.. Yeah.." I replied.

5:01 p.m ; Tokyo Middle School

Me and Mirielle-chan went to Ichigo-san's place together. I told Hayato-kun that I'll be home late because I'm going to be with Ichigo and the others. He then agreed, and went home alone. When we arrived at the Namuri Residence, Ichigo welcomed us with great hospitality. Mr. Namuri prepared a delicious dinner for us. We then went to Ichigo-san's room and did our project together with Ayame-san and Takahashi-kun.

"Hey, hey,  Ichigo,  you're room is so cute! It's so like you!" cried Ayame with delight.

Asuka Ayame was a tall, cheery person who is best friends with Ichigo. Both of them have a lot in common; both of them are smart, intelligent, and as what Ayame always says: they're both 'fabulous'.

"Thank you, Ayame-chan!" Ichigo thanked Ayame.

"Umm.. Is it a bother if I help out a little?" Mirelle asked.

"No! Not at all! In fact, it'd be very helpful of you." Ichigo said.

"Uh.. Girls, should I go now? I feel so out of place here.. I'm the only guy." Takahashi-kun said.