Chapter 3: I Guess We Could be Friends...

...

12:35 p.m ; Azayaka Gakuen; Middle School Branch

"What should I do? I said some mean things to Hayato-kun's cousin.." I thought as I walked back to my class.

Well, it's still her fault for leaving me out! They invited me but leave me in the sidelines! How rude!

Though I did say some mean things to her...

But still, she did too!

I sat back to my seat, and saw Mirielle on her seat, looking a bit depressed. I was about to apologize, but my jealousy and anger stopped me. I was being jealous of Mirielle and Hayato being together, that I was feeling uneasy towards her.

When afternoon classes ended, I walked alone to my house. I didn't see Hayato at the gate that afternoon. I was thinking that maybe he was upset because of me talking rudely to Mirielle or maybe he was taking her to her house. As I arrived at my house, I felt so depressed and sad. I didn't have the appetite to eat, so I skipped dinner. I just drank a glass of fresh milk and a loaf of bread and strawberry jam.

That night, I couldn't go to sleep. I decided to go to the balcony and relax. My mom heard me going out of my room and followed me. While I was outside on the balcony, all of a sudden my mom said from behind:

"So, what should you do now?"

"Eh? Mama, you knew?" I replied.

I turned, and saw her behind me, holding a tray of some sort.

"Hayato-kun explained everything to me."

"Actually, I don't know what to do. I'm scared of being left alone by Hayato-kun... And now he has that cousin of his."

"But that doesn't mean everything's over right?"

"What do you mean?"

"Should you give up and feel guilty about it, or should you do all you can to fix the situation? The Shirayuki Hamakura I know doesn't give up that easily."

"But it was really mean of her to leave me out! Plus she said some rude things to me."

"And?..."

"... And so did I."

"You both did something wrong, and it can never be fixed unless someone makes the first move."

"So, I... apologize first? Me? But---"

"Shirayuki Hamakura. You should accept mistakes once in a while. That's no good. Now,"

"... I apologize to her."

She continued scowling.

"... Right away."

"That's my girl. Now, here's a strawberry tart as a reward. You skipped dinner too, after all."

"Thanks, Mama."

As soon as my mom talked to me, she gave me a hint on what to do. Rather, she actually DID tell me what to do.

"Thank you again, Mama!" I said as I hugged her after eating the tart and went back to my room.

I wrote a letter to Mirielle saying that she should arrive at the Main Garden tomorrow noon. It was short. Nothing fancy. I asked Hayato-kun to give the letter to Mirrielle. Luckily, he accepted my apology and agreed on doing it.

"I hope you'd make up, Kura-chan."

He said, as he gave me a pat on the head.

12:04 p.m ; Azayaka Gakuen; Main Garden

"Sh-Shirayuki-san, what do you want?" Mirielle asked as she saw me at the garden.

Thank goodness, she came. I was a little worried there. She was a bit late.

But... It's now or never.

"Mirielle-san, I'm sorry! Im so sorry for the mean things I yelled at you... I regret it. I hope you forgive me."

I lowered my head, avoiding eye contact. But this would seem like an insincere apology. So I rose my head back up, facing her this time.

"I said all those things because I was too scared of being left out, by Hayato-kun especially. I'm really close friends with him and I guess I let my jealousy take over me. I wasn't used to having somebody eat with us."

I saw her face slowly soften, her smile finally showing.

"Here, it's not really that proffessional, but here's a little something I made." I said as I handed Mirielle some brownies I made earlier this morning and some chilled from last night.

"T-Thank you, Shirayuki-san! Im sorry too.. For thinking insensitively of your feelings, and for crying that easily... I was being rude too. I shouldn't have left you out. It's because..." She trailed off. I listened.

"It's because it's been a long time since I've last seen Hayato-kun, I was so excited to chat with him like back then. I'm really sorry too. I feel so guilty, knowing I made the mistake first, yet you apologize earlier."

Ah, Mirielle, you knew that I felt sad after being left out?

"Ummm... Will you eat your brownies with me? We can start off as friends? Though I feel like I don't deserve your friendship after what I did." Mirielle said apologetically.

"Sure! I forgive you. We both did something wrong, and we made up! That's good right? I just hope these brownies would taste good though. Teehee!" I said, regaining my cheerfulness.

"Oh.. Shirayuki-san.."

"Mirielle-chan, I hereby call you my friend. You shall call me Kura-chan from now on!"

"Of course! Kura-chan!"

Ah, thank goodness. I'm so happy this went well. I hope Hayato-kun will be happy for me and pat me on the head again like what he did earlier.

Ah.

He patted me on the head.

I blushed profusely at the thought.

"Shira---Kura-chan? What's the matter?" Mirielle asked.

"N-No-N-Nothing!" I blurted out, obviously stuttering.

I hope she doesn't notice. My affections for Hayato-kun that is.

"I'm very glad we became friends, Kura-chan."

Huh?

"I was scared of transferring here at first. But when I heard that Hayato-kun went to this academy too, I was relieved. I decided to just stick with him, since he's my cousin."

"And now, I'm friends with you now, and I'm happy. I never thought I'd be able to make friends at all. I'm really, really happy you get to be my first."

Awwww...

"Me too, I'm glad we're friends." I said, giving her a friend hug.

Mirielle-chan, I'm glad to be your first friend!

To be continued...