Chapter 12 : What?! An Unexpected Love Triangle!

...

"... Hayate-kun... He-- I love him."

Somehow those words can't get out of my head and the talk we had with Yura-senpai doesn't seem to not bother me. After talking with her, I immediately found Mirielle and the others gathering at the bus stop. It seems that the cafe we're going is just nearby. I faked my enthusiasm and everyone seemed to fall for it but Ichigo.

"Hey, Shira-chan are you sure you're okay? You're looking a bit depressed. Did something happen while talking to the Student Council President?"

I flinched. I felt bad. Ichigo's really worried for me now, yet I couldn't bear expressing to her how I feel. Both Ayame and Ichigo not have any idea of my infatuation towards Hayate-kun. I felt like they'd laugh and tease me about it. I felt bad... Doubting my own friends.

After boarding off the bus, we arrived at a lofty café right across us. As the traffic lights show the red light, we crossed the street together. Overall, there were six of us including me. There was Ichigo, Ayame-chan, Mirielle and two other fish from Mirielle-chan's club. They looked pretty nice and friendly.

When we entered the café, it almost felt like all my worries have been immediately drifted away. It was a café full of cats! I was so excited to see all the kinds of cats, the scenario just a while back seem to just dissipate in my mind.

"Do you like it, Kura-chan?" Mirielle-chan asked.

"Of course! There's just sooooo many konekos and neko!"

I looked around while squealing in delight. This certainly is paradise for me. What can I do, I'm a cat-aholic. The cats were placed in mini playpen where the guests can take a look at. I pet a few of the cats and my eyes glimmered in happiness. Ah, I could just die right now next to these kitties.

Although my dream had to be short-lived since everyone only came here for the sweets, not the cats. Honestly, I was disappointed. Ichigo dragged me out of the cat playpen and we all looked for a place to sit.

We all sat on a table right beside a glass stained window. The window displayed golden swirls giving it a classic effect. The tables weren't your ordinary café type, instead it was a plain flat surface with an elevated middle and the one surrounding it were piles of fluffy cat-shaped pillows for us to sit on. The table was shaped like a semi-circle and everyone fit perfectly.

A waitress dressed in a maid costume approached us. She also had cat ears and a matching tail too! She was adorable.

"Nya! Irasshaii! What would you like-nya? We have everything you need!"

We looked at the menu booklet placed in front of us and skimmed through its contents.

"I would like a strawberry mousse and a vanilla mint milkshake, onegai."

"We'll just have pancakes and a cup of lattè, Mirielle."

"I'll have the sweet potato muffin topped with pecans and cashews."

"Ehhhh? But I wanted to order for you guys! I each specified you a pastry that I believe would suit your tastes.", Mirielle whined almost adorably.

"Oh, is that so? What pastry did you specify me?", Ayame says as she stood up from where she sat, leaning forward towards Mirielle and pointing to herself.

"I decided cream puffs would suit you! Since you're always bright and cheery like the golden shimmer of cream puffs when they're baked just right!"

"Oh! I'll take that one then instead of what I just ordered. Heehee!"

"Alright, I'll take that down-nya! How about you, Mirielle-kittie?" asked the waitress who seemed quite familiar with Mirielle already. I guess she comes here quite often.