Highschool Sweetheart pt. 2 final

highschool au! when you keep rejecting his confession, as a cold girl pt. 2 final

"Jung Hoseok, what are you doing?" a familiar loud voice drifts you back from your short trip to dreamland. Being an introvert yourself, you pretend to stay asleep and try to understand the situation first.

"Serin, can you talk softly? Can't you see that she's asleep?" another familiar male voice. Oh you recognize this one so well, of course it's Jung Hoseok. Wait, is it his hand? The warm and soft surface that your head currently leaning on?

"Like I care? She probably does that to catch your attention." She said with a little chuckle and you don't have to look at her face to know what kind of face she probably pulls off.

Shin Serin is the school's so-called drama queen, obviously one of the most popular girls and yeah, she has been crushing on Hoseok for so long. Serin always pretend to be nice to everyone to match Hoseok's personality and a lot of blind students ship them because of that. Some others know better, including Hoseok himself.

"Nah, she doesn't need to do that. She already catches my attention by doing nothing." wow.

It's true that Jung Hoseok has been after you lately. At first encounter, you didn't think much about it, thinking it's just some sweet friendly gesture from him. He's a high school sweetheart for a reason but then he keeps coming back to you. He would always greet you whenever he walks passes you, calling you nickname and already confessed his feelings to you twice. You weren't sure if you can count them as confession or not because you never had one before.

You thought it was and when you told Yoongi about it, he said it's a confession but yet, half of you refuse to believe it. Maybe because half of you was scared and couldn't believe about the fact that the high school sweetheart catches feelings for you, how and why?

"Come on, Hoseok. You're a sweet and warm guy, you don't deserve someone like her. Both of you are just not compatible." Serin's answer hit you right on spot.

Maybe that was the exact reason why half of you refuse to believe that Hoseok truly have sincere feelings for you. Maybe that's why you keep making up excuses to avoid him. You weren't compatible with him, just like water and fire.

"We are all human, Serin. We have feelings and we are alive. I guess they're enough reason to make all of us compatible with each other. Go back to your seat when I'm still trying to be polite, Serin." another wow. This is the first time you heard Jung Hoseok talking in cold way like this. His voice was deep and you can picture him clenching his jaw.

Wait, why are you imagining him?

Soon, it's finally peaceful again. Purposely, you wait for some minutes passed before pretending to yawn and woke up from your nap. To your surprise, it was Hoseok's turn to fall asleep right beside you with his head leaning on your shoulder. Why you didn't realize this sooner?

Just if you notice this sooner, maybe you could pretend to stay asleep. Now what should you do?

"Just go back to sleep, lean back on my head." A soft whisper coming from your right, Jung Hoseok? Wait, how could he know?

Before you manage to let out any sound, his long arm pull your head softly to lean on his head.

"Take some rest, so you'll have more energy later there." he continues and you couldn't help but keep your lips shut. At this moment, you were too flustered to say anything. Sometime stay silent is the best you can do.

Little did you know, a soft smile makes it way on his lips, knowing you didn't push him away nor refuse to lean on his head. He feels so comfortable with your presence and lowkey hoping you feel the same.

"I saw your favourite scrunchie on Yoongi's wrist." He started and your breath become heavier, you were nervous at his reaction. "I've confessed to you twice, pumpkin. First, you make excuse saying that you're a gay. Then the second one, you said you have deadly diseases. What the third one would be? That, Yoongi is your boyfriend, therefore you gave him your favourite scrunchie that I've been aiming for so long?" you jerk yourself off him and staring at this man beside you.

Hoseok also lean back and flash you a small smile. "How could I know all of this? Because I care about you and I watch you even when you didn't notice me. I know you catch feelings for me too and it's okay if you don't want to admit it now. We can take it slow by maybe start off as friends?" His smile grew wider and it's hard not to return it with the same energy.

"You're so unreal, Hoseok." you said, totally amazed at him. He knows what you were thinking just by looking in your eyes.

"Said the one who hold the ethereal beauty."

"Said the high school sweetheart." you playfully smile for the first time and he widened his eyes.

"Gosh, I'll do everything just to see that smile again."

"Stop flirting."

"Not until I get your scrunchie." maybe the high school sweetheart is obsessed with your scrunchie, not you.