After a few minutes of texting, Lauren handed me the phone.

Jen : hey there baby

Y/N: hey this is y/n's new girlfriend. can u not text this number again? thanks

'Girlfriend'? Maybe she was just trying to get Jen to leave me alone. She didn't mean it. Did she?

Jen : oh really? I hope you know she still loves me. so, you're kinda wasting your time. she'll come back to me.

Y/N: ha that's funny. seems like this is the first time she's ever had to mention u baby girl. but I'll tell her you said this :) just make sure you delete her number and have a good day

Jen : what ever. tell her to text me when she knows what a real woman is & I'll be waiting here till she does

Y/N: hope you're ready to wait for a long ass time then

I looked up from my phone to see Lauren smiling. "Thanks, Lo." I said to her causing her teeth to show.
She bit her lip, "No problem, baby girl."
I put my phone back in my bag and looked up to her, "So, I'm guessing we aren't going to do the project tonight?"
She shook her head with this adorable smile on her face, "Why work on a shitty biology project when we could do this?" Lauren crawled closer to me and connected her lips with mine. Her lips were soft, yet rough. Not too glossy, just the right medium. And the way she grabbed me could send me over the edge a bit. Lauren put one hand behind my neck and one on my lower back to support my arch. I put my hands on her waist slowly trailing them up to entangle them in her hair. She smiled which cause me to become annoyed at her cuteness. I pulled away, "Why do you always do that when we kiss?"
She looked confused but had a fiendish smirk, "Do what?"
"You know what! You always smile randomly when I try to do something."
"I just think it's cute that you actually know what you're doing. Most people kind of just sit there, but you like to take control like me." Lauren admitted looking down at her fingers then her eyes widened when she met my orbs again. "No-not that I have kissed a lot of people. I mean I have and that's probably why I'm good at it, but that's not, not the point. I haven't-"
"I never thought I'd see the day that the infamous Lauren Jauregui would get tongue tied." I laughed.
She frowned at me, "Don't tell anyone or you're dead."
I shrugged, "Maybe I will, and maybe I won't. You can't control me like all of your other fan girls."
"Fangirls?" Lauren said watching every move I made as I got up to stand on my feet and slowly get away.
Lauren slowly stood up knowing she'd have to chase me in a second. I took small steps back and answered her, "Yeah, you know the ones that drool over you and flirt with you non stop. They'll do whatever you say. You're a little celebrity. Or at least that's how I see you."
"Do you wanna be my fangirl?" Lauren slowly walked towards me.
I shrugged and bit my lip, "If you're fast enough to catch me then I'll think about it."
She furrowed her brows and I took off up the hill's trail. Before I knew it, two arms were wrapped around my waist and Lauren picked me up then turned me around to face her. I wrapped my legs around her waist and she smiled. "You're pretty fast, baby. But I'm faster." Lauren pulled me into a kiss and I allowed it. I could feel her hands trail down to my ass, and she squeezed my cheeks lightly causing me to moan in her mouth. She pulled away and smiled, "I knew you'd be one of those people that liked their ass grabbed. I'll keep that in mind, babe."
I bit my lip, and rolled my eyes as I got down on the ground, "I'm not your 'babe', kid."
Lauren slowed her pace so she could watch me as I walked away. "Kid, I'm older than you."
I smiled back seeing her gaze at my lower half, "By one year, wow. And you're still in Junior Biology." Lauren ran closer to put her arms around my hips and walk in sync with my legs. She whispered into my ear, "Don't judge me, baby. I took weird classes my first few years. I'm still ahead of the game." We walked over to the motorcycle and I sat in the seat while Lauren stood in front of me. Her hands extended and reached out to grab mine.

I wasn't sure what we were. I mean, we were barely friends. We barely even knew each other, and I was already falling for her. How is that even possible? Why did I feel so comfortable around her?

"So, are you gonna be busy Friday night?" Lauren asked me. Her eyes piercing deep into my soul.
I nodded, "Yeah. I have practice then there's a game afterwards."
Lauren started smiling, "You have to wear those short skirts with the tiny spandex underneath right?" I nodded regrettably. "Maybe I'll just stop by for a little bit to see you do a few splits or flips." The taller girl got closer to me and rested her arms on my waist.
I laughed, "What a waste of time. I wouldn't go if I didn't have to."
She smirked, "Maybe I just want to."
My phone was going crazy in my backpack on the ground by the ledge. I unzipped it to see it was my Dad by his contact ID. I accepted the call and brought the phone up to my ear, "Hello?"
Dads voice was cheerier than usual, "I know your Mom said 10, but you should come home now because I have a surprise for you."
I was confused, "A surprise. Is it food?"
He laughed, "Maybe a little."
"Can my friend come then? I mean she's probably hungry." I admitted feeling my stomach growl.
"Sure, but hurry. Someone wants to see you." He sounded mischievous.
"Kay, Dad. See you soon." I hung up the phone and out it back in my bag. I turned to see Lauren staring at me, "You want some free food?"
She hopped on the bike and smiled, "You had me at 'free food'."
I laughed and got on the back of the bike, then wrapped my arms around her waist tightly.

On our way back, I couldn't help but wonder. Who the fuck would be at my house as a surprise?