"I mean, perhaps they are well-behaved in your class because they have a pretty teacher and the students tend to be... Nicer?"

He stumbled on his words, internally cursing himself for making the situation even worse than it already was. He looked at you and heat rose from his stomach to his chest when you smiled at him, looking as beautiful as ever. He swore that his soulmate was the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

"Do you think I'm beautiful, Severus?"

You chuckled, shaking your head as you were only joking with him. But your eyes grew wide when he nodded, watching you in adoration as a smile never dropped from your face.

"Yes, you're beautiful."

He braced up and told you the truth, a smirk was threatening to crack on his lips when he saw how flustered you were. He loved it, and he was ready to tell you more about how pretty you were in his eyes.

Just as he was about to say more about what he thought, Professor Sprout tapped his shoulder, wanting to talk to him about work. Severus rolled his eyes dramatically, turning his head to talk to his colleague who was disturbing his moment with you. You just chuckled under your breath, and continued to eat your dinner with fluttering heart.

When the dinner was over and the students retreated back to their dormitories, you stood up from your chair, more than willing to rest in your room after a long day. You missed the comfort of your bed more than anything else now.

"Y/N, may I walk you back to your room?"

You were surprised to hear the offer from Severus, and to see him fiddling with his fingers nervously was an unfamiliar sight to you.

"Are you afraid that I might get lost on my way there?"

You teased him, but Severus thought that you were disliking the fact that he wanted to walk you to your room, and his heart was aching. Seeing his face dropped, you gave him a smile and nodded, amused to witness how his eyes lightened up right away.

"Of course you can, Severus. I'd love nothing more."

And so the dark-haired professor walked you back to your room that night, bidding you good night and smiling to himself as he walked back to his room, falling asleep peacefully for the first time in awhile, dreaming of his soulmate and no nightmares could come to him as his head was filled with you.

His days were much better now, and he hoped it was the same for you. He loved it when he walked through the school halls and his eyes met yours, smiling at each other, and he treasured every waking moment he had with you, even when to others those moments meant so little, but it meant the world to him as it was the beginning of a new life for you and him.

His feelings flourished every time you smiled at him, and whenever he heard your laughter, not a hint of sadness was lingering in your voice and he wished for your happiness to stay forever as he would hate to see an anguished frown on his soulmate's face.

Severus would find his ways to see you every day, and sometimes he would even pretend to bump into you on your way to your office just so he could talk to you on your way there. He was not sure if his effort was too obvious to you, but he was glad that you did not mention anything about it, but he knew you were not oblivious to it either.

So when he called your name when you were going to Hagrid's place, stopping you dead on your track, you could not help but smiled when you saw Severus approaching you.

"Are you going to Hagrid's, Y/N?"

He asked, trying to pretend as if he did not know that already. Severus did not know he could be that desperate to get close to you, but you were so enchanting that he could not help himself.