Chapter 26

Monday afternoon, she got a call from an unknown number. With a heavy heart, she attended the call. 

"Hey it's me."

Hearing Hobi's voice brought tears to her eyes. "I lost my phone in the forest. So this is my new number. Save it!" He said.

"How did you know my number then?" Asked Amy.

"I had it memorized in case of an emergency," he replied.

Amy's heart was filled with emotions, but she didn't want to relax now. 

Not yet, she thought. 

**

A month later. 

Amy laughed so much, tears started flowing from her eyes. 

Navy blue sky with specks of orange. In the horizon the sun had spread out like a drop of ink in water. Amy and Hobi sat around the tiny table outside a convenience store, listening to a third person. 

"I swear, none of us saw the bird coming!" Jimin laughed at his own joke as Hobi hit the table trying to control himself. 

"Oh my god! I haven't laughed like this in years!" Amy said, wiping away her tears. 

"Wait till you hear about the time we met Master Oogway," Jimin said, handing her a tissue.
"What?" Amy asked before laughing some more. 

"You have some crazy stories Jimin!" Hobi said as he finally calmed down. 

"I swear, I don't know what I'd do without you to make me laugh," Amy said as wiped her tears with the tissue. 

"Then I'll always make you laugh. I'll  be right back," said Jimin before he walked into the convenience store. 

Putting away the used tissue onto the table, Amy looked around. It had gotten considerably dark. But she was safe and well. She had both Hobi and Jimin in her life.

She looked across the table at Hobi with a smile, but was confused to see him with a frown. 
"What's wrong?" She asked.

"What's wrong? Really?" He asked. 

Amy felt confused. A few seconds ago he was laughing away, what happened suddenly?

"I really don't know," she replied bewildered. 

"Well think again," he said clearly upset.

"Hobi, what is it?" she asked again. 

"Nothing. Never mind," he said looking away, as Jimin came with icecream for the three of them.