"Hey Gorgeous"

Monday

You walked over, annoyed because he was so damn nice. You took the seat next to him and he smiled back at you.

"Hey Stu!" You say sitting in the open desk.

"Hey gorgeous," He replies, making butterflies in your stomach, "How was Himbry's?"

"He let us off easy."

"Of course he did." Stu scoffed. "Himbry is a fucking creep and if you-"

"Is there something you would like to share with the class?" The teacher slams a ruler down on Stu's desk, interrupting his hate speech.

"No ma'am." Stu sighs, putting his hands up in the air. The teacher glares at the two of you before walking back up to her potium.

Stu gives you a wink and you just shake your head and smile.

A few minutes after that went down a girl behind you taps your shoulder, you turn around and she hands you a small slip of paper.

Talk to me after class?

The paper reads. You turn around to see Casey giving you a questioning looking, she mouths the words, got it. You nod your head and she smiles, glad she can talk to someone.

The bell rings and you head towards the door till a hand grabs your arm.

"If you feel uncomfortable around Himbry let me know, I can take him." Stu smiles, finishing his sentence before earlier when the teacher cut him off.

"Thanks Stu, that really makes me feel safe." You say sarcastically. You can feel your cheeks getting hot so you head out of the classroom as fast as you can, in hopes he doesn't notice.

"Where are you rushing off to?" Casey asks, stopping you outside of the classroom.

"Huh?" You ask, the two of you start heading towards the lockers.

"Never mind." She sighs, "Look I have to talk to you about tonight."

"Oh really?" You try to sound as interested as you can be.

"Totally, Steve is coming over and I am so unprepared, I mean what do I even wear?" She looks at you with a expression that tells you, she doesn't think talking about your ex is such a bad idea.

"The white sweater is cute." You sigh giving in to her pleading look.

"You're totally right, I knew I could count on you." Casey continues talking about the plans for her and Steve tonight.

But everything she said was totally going over your head. Your focus was all being given to a slip of paper that had somehow found its way into your locker.

She had told me it was just a quick hang maybe even a beer or two, but when I got there Maureen was passed out drunk. I covered her with my coat and left, nothing more to it. I didn't kill her.

The slip of paper looked like it had been ripped out of a book, a book you had read cover to cover a million times.

It was based off the killing of Maureen Prescott, Sidney's mother, written by Gale Weathers and the only book about the small town you lived in, so naturally you had to read it a few times. It was pretty intriguing.

But the ripped paper you now held in your hand was a quote from Cotton Weary, the accused killer. Gale wrote the book trying to prove his innocents, but now he was about to be killed because of it.

You flipped the paper over and on the back written in a dark red ink pen it said,

Want to play a game?

The red pen had clearly exploded at the end, leaving a big splotch of dark red ink on the paper.

"Hello?" Casey asked, shaking you out of your trance, "Are you even listening to me." She obviously hadn't noticed the paper you were holding.

"Oh- yeah, go on." You crumbled up the paper and threw it in your backpack with plans to throw it away later.

"Whatever, can you please come over to help me get ready?" Casey begged.

"I can't Cass I've got work."

Casey sighed and was about to continued but Tatum stopped her, as she walked up to you.

"Hey!" She grabbed your hand trying to get you out of the conversation.

"At least call me tonight?" Casey asked before you were to far gone.

"She's going to have to check her schedule sweetie." Tatum answered for you, she never tried to hide her obvious hate towards Casey.

"Tate!" You said holding back your laughs.

She just shrugged and brought you to the group sitting on the edge of the water fountain, the usual lunch spot for your group.

Tatum sat in-between Stu's open legs and you sat in the spot Sidney pointed to.

"Thanks Sid." You said taking your seat.

"The whole reality of a horror movie is based off the cheerleader who babysits and her mysterious boyfriend." Randy said, talking to Stu.

"Hey fuck rag!" Billy called, "Knock off the horror shit would you?"

Tatum laughed passing a bag of the usual food, green grapes, to you. But you were to lost in thought about the ripped paper that had somehow made it into your locker.

Stu could tell you were tense and put an arm around your shoulder and pulled you into his chest, "Shit, you're tense." He said, pretending to shake the tense out of you.

"What's up?" Sidney questioned. You looked back at her, she was leaning up against Billy with her hand in his.

You didn't want to bring up the quote from her mom's death book to her, so you decided to just brush it off.

"Nothing." You said giving a small smile. Stu saw through your lie, which only made him hold you tighter.

"Are you working tonight?" Randy asked.

"Thankfully yes." You replied scoffing.

"Why so excited to work?" Tatum asked, playing with a chain that was around Stu's neck.

"Casey Becker wanted me to help her get ready for her date with Steve tonight."

"Bitch." Tatum laughed.

"If I didn't have work I would be over there helping her clean up so she can impress him." You rolled your eyes.

Billy gave Stu a quick questioning glance, which you just brushed off.

"They're probably gonna fuck." Stu said sticking his tongue out, Tatum jabbed him hard in the shoulder. "Ow!" He cried.

"You really think they've gotten that far?" Randy said eying Stu.

"Let's just drop it guys." Sidney said throwing a grape in Randy's direction.

"Sorry doll," Stu said patting your head. "If you need me to beat him up I can take him down with ease." This made Billy chuckle.

"Are you questioning me Billy-boy?" Stu raised an eyebrow.

"Not really questioning," Billy said with a smug grin, "You couldn't win in a fight against anybody."

"You're challenging me?" Stu laughed.

"Guys knock it off." Tate rolled her eyes.

"Yeah I'm sure Stu is plenty strong-" You started about to add a 'but'

"Well thank you. You get a hug!" Stu embraced you in a big hug.

Tatum scoffed and playfully knocked his shoulder.

This was the days you wished you could live in forever, with your friends all around and no mention of the mysterious quote that appeared in your locker.