The Day She Remembered Fear

Start from the beginning

Stinger landed swiftly and popped up with a crowd winning grin. "I'm a super popular hero rated Class A, Rank 11! The name's Stinger! Nice to meet ya!"

The crowd went wild, "It's Stinger!"

"I knew he'd come!"

"We're saved!"

"Is that a new costume?!"

"I gotta get a picture!"

"Go, Stinger!"

The monsters loomed over Stinger. Ryo would guess their threat level would be tiger, individually, but all together Ryo was sure they were threat level Demon. She wasn't sure that Stinger could handle this alone, but if he was able to put on a good show until reinforcements came, he'd move far up the ranks.

"Should I call the hero association now?" Ryo asked herself aloud. She had her phone ready to dial the emergency service line for the Hero Association.

"Good thing you showed up at the beginning of my patrol," Stinger taunted. "I've got a pretty girl to impress, so there's no chance I'm going to lose! So, who'd like a new blowhole in their torso?!"

Genos answered the phone call he received from that association, interrupting his conversation with Saitama with a simple "Excuse me."

Saitama eavesdropped as Genos spoke to the person on the other end.

"City J? That is a little far..."

Saitama sighed, "He and Ryo are so busy."

"Are no capable heroes nearby? I see, understood. I may not make it in time, but I will leave now." Genos hung up on the caller then entered the living area to talk to Saitama. "Did that monster you defeated last week say he was from the Clan of The Seafolk?"

"I don't remember," Saitama admitted.

"Some monsters claiming to be from his clan are rampaging in City J. A class A hero is having trouble fighting them alone," Genos explained.

"Trouble?" Saitama asked, "Are they strong?"

He turned on the T.V. and the first broadcast was one televising the fight. "The creatures appearing in City J claim to be from the Clan of the Seafolk. They attack anyone they see. A hero is attempting to prevent their advance," The newscaster announce. The Camera hovered over Stinger, but Genos focused on a girl in the corner of the screen, with her body hidden behind a building.

"Master! There! That is Ryo," Genos pointed at the T.V.

"What's she doing all the way in City J?"

"She had mentioned going to meet with a class A hero sometime this week, she must have meant this hero." Genos realized.

The newscaster continued. "He may be at his limit. He looks exhausted. This is a threat level Tiger, citizens stay away!"

Saitama sat up at last, "We should go. We'll have to hurry."

Ryo cursed herself. She should have called the Hero Association right away, she also should have evacuated with the crowd, but here she was, unable to run without forcing Stinger to play defense. She wasn't even sure if Stinger knew she was still watching.

"Heh heh heh," Stinger heaved. Ryo had to admit that his ability to keep calm was incredible. "You Clan of the Slimy Folk are sorta tough."

He had taken out quite a few of the monsters, but more towered over him. His face was swollen and bloody. On the bright side, the outfit that she had made was still in great shape.