I went to Theatre and got in my desk. I actually had a problem with this class. I would've thought it'd be more acting and less note taking, but it was just Theatre 1 so I guess I had a lot to learn.
I pulled out the paper, and typed in Normani's number.

Y/N: hey mani. it's y/n lol

Normani: hey girl :) what class are u in rn?

Y/N: theatre :/ you?

Normani: chorus. we are legit right next to each other

Y/N: really?

Normani: well kinda. maybe just the rooms are by each other. not us specifically

Y/N: I kinda guessed that xD but thanks for the clarification

Normani: sorry. I'm a mess when it comes to literal things. so, I have a question. but u have to be completely honest with me. and not awkward

Y/N: ok & don't worry. I don't know how to be awkward. it's not really how I've been raised

Normani: do u think I'm cute? like in a sexual non friend way. you can say no but I'm jw

Y/N: I don't think you're cute, Normani

Y/N: I think you're beautiful ;) but you didn't hear that from me.

Normani: wow smooth like creamy peanut butter. ;D & ok I was just wondering

Y/N: why?

Normani: no reason but I'll see you tomorrow at lunch. bye boo!

What the fuck just happened? I knew she was flirting with me, but do I really have that affect on people? I've never really been to a place where people hit on me first. I kinda like it.

--

When I got home, my Mom was watching her soap operas on the couch. She heard me enter through the garage door and called me in, "Y/N! Can we talk?"
I groaned walking into the living room and harshly crashing on the couch. I was exhausted. "What's up, Mom?"
"I've never got to ask you how you like your new school." She patted the spot beside her to ask me to move closer.
I whined and laid down with my head on her lap. Sometimes my Mother and I had our differences, but then other times she was like my best friend. She accepted who I was and supported my dreams. So, why not appreciate her even though she can get a little irritating at times?
When I answered, she began to run her fingers through my hair, "It's okay, I guess. A lot different than anywhere else I've been, but not a bad different."
"That's good."
I nodded, "So, you know that girl that was here yesterday?"
My Mom smirked at me, "Is she your new little girlfriend?" She began poking my stomach and making me wriggle.
"God, no. Stop." I begged being super ticklish. "She's picking me up so we can finish working on the project that you all interrupted yesterday."
"On that motorcycle? The hell she is." Mom retorted giving me a death stare.
"Chill out, Mom. I'm sure she wouldn't wreck it. She seems like she has it pretty down pat." I rolled my eyes at my Moms protectiveness.
She didn't bother fighting with me about it because she knows I won't listen to her. "Fine." She took a breath and continued to mess with my hair, "So, do you like her?"
I groaned, "Mom-"
"What? She's very pretty and seems extremely gay. Is she?" My Moms gaydar was accurate 99% of the time. I guess it's because she notices when girls check me out at tournaments, so she's used to it. I nodded. "Are you being safe?"
I got up from her lap and started to walk away, "We are not talking about sex right now! I have to get my stuff together." She's so fucking weird.
"I just wanna know that you are. That's all." She yelled towards me before I sprinted up the stairs to plug my phone in and get a pair of blue high waisted denims on and that Lohan shirt to tuck the front in.

As I was brushing my hair, I got a text from Lauren.

Lauren: I'm outside. Can I come in a pee before we go?

Y/N: I'll be down in a second to let you in.

I heard the doorbell ring.

Lauren: never mind. your mom let me in :) see you down here

I rolled my eyes knowing that she was probably checking my Mom out at the moment. I grabbed my backpack and slipped on my vans before walking down to see Lauren laughing at one of my Mom's stupid jokes.
"Hey sweetie. We were just talking about you." My mom smiled mischievously.
I shook my head, "I really don't care because it was probably embarrassing."
Lauren smiled, "Just a little."
I grabbed her arm and pulled her, "Come on, let's go. Bye mom, don't wait up."
Before I got to the door, I hear her yell at me, "You'll be back by 10 or I'll call the cops."
I shrugged and closed the front door to meet Lauren's gaze. "She was funny." Lauren smiled at me.
"Yeah, yeah. Don't get to comfortable." I replied. I noticed that this time, Lauren had a helmet attached to the back of her bike. She pulled it off and put it on my head. "Where's yours?"
"I dont have one. I'd rather you be safe than me." She smiled before turning around to put her long, thick hair in a pony tail. "Hold on, baby girl. Snuggle if Ya want to."
I smirked as I wrapped my arms around her slender waist and she started the vehicle with a kick. We were off.

I liked riding with Lauren. Her body was warm and nurturing once I pressed mine to hers. She was swift and daring which made me have the biggest adrenaline rush. I felt so free and happy feeling the wind hit my exposed skin. I looked up to see Lauren smile occasionally and then looked back to see her neck. It took every fiber of my being to keep myself from pressing my lips to her flesh.

We drove up a few hills and stopped on a rock clearing. My eyes were amazed by the view. The sun was setting behind the town of Miami and I was stunned.
I looked at her with a smirk, "Is this a study session or a date?"
She smiled at me releasing her hair from the tie, "You really thought we'd be studying at a beautiful moment like this?"