Ch. 18 • Gummies

Start from the beginning

"Ace" May called from outside my office door. I am still working from my regular office, but May typically comes over whenever Theo is occupied school work, and Roman is with my parents or her own.

"Yes, come in neonato?" I say

She walked in, holding a small pic mic basket and blanket. May had always been one to have a soft aura around her, she called in "cottage core", whatever that is.

"I brought lunch, are you hungry?" She asks

"Of course, what did you bring today my love?" I say while getting up from my seat and making my way over to her

"I made some sandwiches and I baked a small cake for desert, how does that sound?"

"Wonderful fiore [flower], let's go, shall we?"

We made our way out of my office and down the stairs, all the while May gave some of my men extra sandwiches she made.

We finally made it into the courtyard, I didn't have one until May came into my life, everyone use to eat their meals in their offices or in the lunch room, but she insisted on having one because she thought some people needed to see beauty in a work day full of, well, killing.

I took the blanket from May and set it down and got comfortable , she opened up the basket and placed the food around us, and then layer her hair down onto my chest.

"What did you do today?" She asks while paying with my fingers

"Do you really want to know?" I say to her a bit hesitant

"Yes, you are a big part of my life and I love you, I already know what you do, and Theo didn't come to work with you today so I am guessing you didn't have a calm one"

"You are right caramella, it was not. If you really want to know, I was in the torture rooms for most of the morning, I had to deal with some bad people."

"And what are you gonna do once I leave?" She says, not even baffled by what I just said

"I have a small meeting and then I have to meet up with some trainees and give them some final assessments before they get initiated in"

"That seems fun"

"Only you could find socialism fun May"

"It's not all bad Ace, it can be fun, we do it all the time"

"That's because I love you, bello ,I don't like many other people"

"Your funny amore" May says to me with a smile, "I love you" and kisses my cheek
———————————————————————
7 months pregnant
May

"I hate you!" I scream at Ace

"May, I'm sorry baby, but I didn't know" Ace says while trying to get me into bed

"You didn't know?" I say lightly, "you didn't know!" I now scream. "You didn't know that those were sour gummies in the fridge and thought that they had magically got in there by themselves? Huh Ace? Those were mine and you knew it, Theo and Roman are with your parents so I know it could have not been them, plus they were pretty high up so they couldn't have reached them."

"Bambino carino [cutie], 5'0 is not that height" he tells me

"IT IS TO ME" I scream at him, "I'm sleeping in the other room, I refuse to lay next to a traitor " and with that I leave. I go into a random guest room and lock the door, thankfully Ace does not follow.

I get a solid 2 hours of sleep before I hear the door jiggle and open, I lift my head to see Ace stride into the room holding my maternity pillow and a pack of sour worm- same to the ones he so carelessly ate.

"Can we sleep together now baby? I brought you your pillow and some more gummy worms?"

I said nothing but scooted over so that he would come into bed with me. He placed the maternity pillow around my now very swollen bump and opened up the gummy's and handed them to me.

"I love you May, I'm sorry for eating your food"

"Say sorry to your babies, they were the ones who got upset and them made me the messenger" I say to him

He checked a little and them gets user the covers to he is slimed with my stomach, "I'm sorry my ragazzi [boys], can you forgive me?"

My stomach kicked back in response and Ace gave the spot a big kiss, then returned to his original spot next to me.

"Good night Ace, I'm sorry for yelling at you"

"Good night May, and don't worry, it will all be over soon" he gave me a peck on the head and then we both went off to sleep.

————————————————————————
Dam, two post, I am on a role. Have a good Day!