She turned but When his eyes caught hers, he looked away.

Do I look ugly?

Don't I look presentable.

Why is he so pissed at me.

Sanyukta had to bite her cheek to distract her mind.

You promised that you won't cry tonight.

Randhir walked inside her room. He walked till he reached just behind her. They watched each other through the mirror. Sanyukta was breathing heavily. She had lots of things going in mind. She was anticipating him to say something but he didn't. He just clenched his jaw and walked back to the threshold angrily.

Randhir moved from the threshold and start walking down the stairs without waiting for her.

I don't want to go.

Not anymore.

But she knew she has to go. Aunt Zara would come here personally to take her to the party.

Locking her door and then walking carefully down the stairs in her heels, she reached the main door.

She pulled the huge doors and locked them. For a second she freaked out that she was alone in this whole building for two hours. Fortunately her mind was far more busy in preparing for the party.

A car engine roared behind her and she turned to see Randhir waiting in his car.

She walked to the car and get on her seat.

"Seat belt." He sound pissed.

What's wrong with him?

She clicked the seatbelt in but Randhir didn't hit the accelerator.

Are we waiting for someone?

She looked around but found no one other than then gatekeeper.

When she looked at Randhir she found him clutching the steering wheel so tight that it made his veins visible.

He is scaring me now.

"Are you okay?" Sanyukta asked him but it just made him more mad.

"They will be there." Randhir started.

"They are going to do.. something to embarrass you..." Randhir jaw was clenched.

Did Aamayra planning to do something? Does she know I'm coming too.

"Just don't create any drama like you did in my office." Randhir hissed through his teeth.

What the actual fuck?

"Excuse me? " Sanyukta know she heard what he said but she dared him to say that again.

Randhir did dare.

"I'm telling you that if you can't face them without crying or running away then you better not come, because I can't even afford anyone knowing that I know you." Randhir looked away.

Randhir found this the only way to warn and protect her at the same time.

"How dare you?" Sanyukta raised her voice.

"I'm just protecting you." Randhir slam his palm on steering wheel.

"You are protecting your own reputation." Sanyukta corrected.

"Don't pretend like you know all about me. You don't know anything about me." Sanyukta pointed a finger at him. "You just know what they told you."

"I might not know you but I know them, very closely." Randhir voice was low.

Sanyukta huffed.

That was it.

She didn't waste a second in opening the seatbelt and throwing the door open.

She very intentionally slammed the door close before turning to him to ask him what the hell is wrong with him but then she realised that he was not so much different like his girlfriend. He had no idea who sanyukta really is, he only know her from what Aamayra told her.

And the real reason she couldn't say anything back was because she feared that she might just prove him right.

If a single drop of tear slip down her eye, he will be proven right.

So before that could happen and tear could fill her eyes, she turn around towards the house and walked in.

It was a mistake. It was definitely a mistake to move in here.

When the door closed behind her, all she could see was darkness. Then she locked herself in that mansion.

All alone in the dark.

Just like in her mind.

She wanted to cry. Cry her pain out but tonight she has something to prove. Not to Randhir. Not to her bullies but to herself.

Thank you so much.
I hope you like it.
Please vote and comment.