| 7 |

Let's be fair all of us have that one best friend that just has no sense of bad timing or have ever heard of the term "knock on the door before entering". Yeah, Jungwon definitely was that best friend.

"Ji~" Jungwon literally just waltzed straight into my maid room, whilst his dad was in there explaining to me what I would be expected to do at the big event at the end of the month.

Mentally I was kickdropping and slapping that boy into a whole other world, but physically I just let out a small sigh as realization visibly dawned on his face and he immediately froze awkwardly in his spot before quickly straightening up and flattening down his white shirt.

"Ah... I see..." he awkwardly trailed off, "dad if you don't mind, I do believe I need miss Lim to help me with something," Jungwon immediately straightened up as he glanced at me, "as in right now."

"And what would that be? I'm sure I can send another maid to help you," the King stated making Jungwon immediately shake his head.

"You see... you remember my red jacket, not the velvety one we use for fancy balls and such, but you know the other one, with the golden lining that I us-" Jungwon started before getting cut off by his dad.

"I don't care for it, just... just go do whatever he wants you to," the King turned to me and I immediately nodded before following after Jungwon.

"Next time... you learn to knock," I hissed as Jungwon literally pushed me into his room and closed the door behind him.

"How would I know my dad would be in there?" he immediately defended.

"Now what do you need me for?" I questioned making him just shyly smile in return.

"I just wanted company..." he excused making me let out a small sigh followed by a laugh of disbelief, "what?"

"I can't... I just can't believe you," I commented as I rubbed my forehead.

"Alright... change of plans... sit down," Jungwon stated and pointed to his bed, making me glance over at him. He stood and silently just waited for me to do as he asked for me.

I let out a small sigh before sitting down on his bed and looking over at him with an arched brow. He didn't even hesitate to pull his chair over in front of me as he sat down on it and just looked at me with a frown plastered onto his face.

"What?" I questioned in amusement.

"You're stressed," he stated making me raise both my eyebrows at him, "that's why you sometimes act so differently. The Jiyeon I knew before she turned 17 would've giggled her ass off over the save I just made when I waltzed into that room, but you seemed pissed... so you're stressed... either that or you're having your period, I have a hard time deciding... but right now I really hope you're stressed, because you're sitting on my bed."

"I am not on my period," I shook my head at him in amusement, "and even if I was, you're lucky I haven't changed your bedding yet."

"So you're stressed," he stated and I simply shook my head at him, "then what is wrong with you?" he questioned before his eyes wandered off and an idea visibly hit him square in the face, "is my dad still hitting you?"

"No," I shook my head at him immediately making him look back down at me, "he is not!"

"Then why are you suddenly acting so weird?" he questioned with a sigh.

"I just got a few more tasks," I shrugged at him.

"what are you doing?" he questioned with suspicion.

"Preparing the princess suite," I stated making his eyes widen as he leaned back in his chair.

"Why?" he questioned in terror. He knew very well what the princess suite was for, so I understood his horror if I was to be honest.

"Because... I'm not supposed to tell," I immediately shook my head making him lean on his knees once again as he just stared at me.

"Ji... we tell each other everything, always have, always will," he stated making me just stare at him.

"I know you're hiding one thing from me," I stated making him widen his eyes at me, "I know you're hiding some feelings for me, but I don't know what feelings it is."

"I'll tell you if you tell me what is happening," he stated making me sigh and look to his door.

Jungwon did not even hesitate before getting up and immediately locking it before rushing back to sit across from me with an expectant look on his face.

"As of next week princess Bang Taehee will be living at the castle, all until your engagement party at the end of the month," I sighed making him just nod at me as his eyes slowly widened, "you're scheduled to marry next spring once she turns 18."

Jungwon closed his eyes tightly as he let out a small sigh and folded his hands under his chin.

"I'm so sorry, I really am," I carefully spoke.

"It's not your fault," he shook his head at me, "as I said... I'd rather hear it from you than from my dad... tell me are you also her maid once she arrives?"

"As far as I know... I am," I nodded at him, "so you really need to be patient and cautious."

"Which means we'll have less time to ourselves," he calculated making me just nod at him, even if his eyes wasn't open, "wanna hear what I've hidden from you? I think it's appropriate I tell you now."

"It's your own decis-" I started before he just cut me off.

"I'm in love with you," he calmly spoke and opened his eyes again making me widen my eyes at him.

"You're..." I slowly trailed off and he just nodded, "with... with me?" I stated and he nodded once again.

"With you," he hummed at me, "and I uhm... I know you've known this marriage thing for years, so you wouldn't fall for me, which is fine... I just... I think I needed to say it before the princess arrives."

"Jungwon I-" I started and he just shook his head at me.

"I think you should leave... I need some time for myself right now," he excused and stood up before pushing his chair back to his desk.

"But Jungwo-" I tried once again and he just continued to shake his head.

"I don't want to hear it right now... just leave..." he waved me off as he kept his back turned to me.

I let out a small sigh before pursing my lips and immediately stood up before walking over and unlocking his door. I glanced back at him once more as he just sat down by his desk with his back turned to me, before I exited his room and closed the door behind me.

"Miss Lim, I'm gonna need for you to follow me," the King spoke behind me making me just nod before following after him down to his office.

If only you would've let me talk, you would know I love you too.