"Yeah? Who the hell let you meet their parents to make you think I should be nervous?" I ask. Axel chuckles to my side and shakes his head. Abel scowls at me.

"Shut up," he says. My eyebrows raise and he sits down next to Axel. I laugh a little to myself, which causes Axel to start laughing too.

After breakfast I go up to my room and Maggie comes up after I get dressed. Before she can even say anything, my phone starts ringing. I smile at her quickly and pick it up and see an unknown number. I answer it and press it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hello, Adeline." My whole body tenses. I felt my eyes widen and Maggie stares at me in shock. She heard it too. Tom. She walks up to me, grabbing my arm, silently telling me to give the phone I wave her off, taking a step back.

"What do you want?" I ask. I hear a chuckle on the other end that made me want to tear myself apart. It was unsettling.

"Oh, Adeline, I know you remember. And I think Maggie has something to tell you," he says. I look at Maggie and she presses her lips together.

"He... he's like us," she says. My eyes widened. I was living with a werewolf? Who was abusing me for almost two years? Wow. Some information. I knit my brows, staring at Maggie. I was kind of hurt by the information. I was living with someone like that and she didn't think to tell me? Also, the fact that he might have been restraining himself when he beat on me crossed my mind. I couldn't imagine he could hurt me worse than he did at the time, but now I could definitely imagine it.

"Ah. There it is. Now put the pieces together, sweetheart," Tom says. I press my lips together, and close my eyes, shifting a little. I put a hand on Maggie's arm. I motion for her to go. She nods, and runs, to get Aiden.

"You son of a bitch," I say. I felt a little choked up. But there's no way in hell I'm crying on the phone with Tom.

"You didn't think I'd really just run, did you? Or... no. You hoped I would. Your little alpha won't be around to save you every time." I lick my lips.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say. He chuckles.

"Yes, you do, Adeline. I know you do." Just then is when Aiden, Alec, and Maggie started going back up the stairs. They all rushed over to me and I saw Abel open his door. He clearly looked confused. I put a finger to my lips and pointed at him.

"What makes you think I'd be easy to get?" I ask. Abel looks at his brothers in confusion. I think before saying, "Come on, Tom, you may be stupid, but not that stupid." Abel snaps his gaze to me. He goes to grab the phone but Aiden holds him back.

"I'm not stupid, Adeline, I-"

"Are you sure about that?" I see Aiden pulling out his phone. I was a little confused for a second but then Tom speaks again.

"It'll be slow. And excruciating. And I'll be sure to give a few tastes of the finale before I finally kill you. I'm coming back, Adeline," he says. I close my eyes, shifting on my feet. I felt like crying. Shit.

"I'd like to see you try," I say. Another maniacal laugh.

"Try? Oh, I'll succeed, Adeline." With that the line disconnects. I pressed my lips together and shoved my phone back into the pockets of my jeans.

"He's going to try to kill me," I say without looking up at the group. "What do I do?" I finally look up at them. They all stared at me. None of them knew what to say. Aiden holds his phone up to his ear and walks off. Maggie cups my face.

"Call him," she says. I look at her and nod. Abel takes a step forward.

"What the hell was that?" He yells. I shrug. "He's going to try to kill you?"