Rengoku x Sister! Reader

Felt like crying so here this is

Back to oneshot

(Y/n) had always looked up to her big brother. He was always there for her, and always helped her in every way he could.

(Y/n) loved how strong her older brother was, the flame of passion lit in his eyes. Everything about her brother she wanted to be. She wanted people to be at ease when he appeared, she wanted to protect the weak.

"Im going to be just like you!" (Y/n) smiled at her brother, her orange and (e/c) eyes shining with passion. Rengoku smiled down at his little sister, before petting her head tenderly.

"And I won't doubt that my little Kit!" He smiled brightly at his sister's passion. (Y/n) was only a few years younger than him, and starting her training to become a demon slayer.

But of course there are always those who wanted to bring her down.

"Why would you want to be like that failure? He's nothing, not even with that fancy title of his." Shinjuro spat with unnecessary hate and venom. (Y/n) looked at him with such disbelief, she'd just been talking her father of all of Rengoku's amazing feats.

"What does that mean? Nii-San is very honorable and respectable! I'm going to be just like him, no matter what you say I can do!" She yelled at her father in fury. Shinjuro's face scrunched up in fury at his daughter's words.

"DO NOT YELL AT ME! I AM YOUR FATHER! YOU WILL TREAT ME WITH RESPECT!" Shinjuro yelled, raising his hand to hit (Y/n). (Y/n)'s eyes immediately squeezed shut, bracing herself for the impact.

But it never came, making (Y/n)'s orangey (e/c) eyes open. There was her big brother, holding her father's wrist in rage.

"It is one thing to hit me." He forced his drunk father's down, "But I will not allow you to his (Y/n) or Senjuro!" Rengoku snarled in anger.

The passion in (Y/n)'s eyes only grew brighter seeing her brother defend her. The fire in her heart only burned hotter, wanting to be strong like her brother.

"Are you okay Kit?" Rengoku knelt down to (Y/n)'s level. (Y/n) looked up at her brother, her eyes bring bright.

"I'm more than okay!" She smiled brightly, her smile rivaling that even of Kyojuro's smile. Kyojuro's own face lit up at his little sister's smile.

"I'll be just like you!"

Senjuro cowered from his father's gaze, Shinjuro's hand raising up.

But again, Senjuro felt no impact. When Senjuro opened his eyes, he was shocked. 

There was (Y/n), holding her father's wrist. It was so nostalgic yet sad to see.

"That is enough!" (Y/n)'s voice sounded. She had become an official demon slayer, and was training to become the next Flame Pillar.

Shinjuro then tore his wrist from his daughters grip, and retreated back to his room with another bottle of sake.

(Y/n) immediately turned to look at her younger brother, "Are you okay Senjuro?" She immediately checked him for injuries.

For some reason Senjuro stayed silent, making (Y/n) look back at her brother.

She didn't notice Rengoku was watching the interaction the whole time. He recognized the look Senjuro was giving (Y/n), it's the same look of admiration she looks at him with.

"(Y/n)! Senjuro!" Rengoku announced his presence, startling (Y/n) and Senjuro. "I will be heading on a mission, please behave while I'm gone." Rengoku pat their heads. "And Kit, I expect you to finish the training regiment by the time I'm back!" Rengoku smiled.

(Y/n) nodded her head, giving Rengoku the same look of admiration, even after all these years. Rengoku smiled again, before waving and walking away.

Timeskip

Senjuro could be seen standing in front of something and someone. There was (Y/n), falling to the her knees, in front of something she never wanted to see.

"Come on (Y/n)... we have to go." Senjuro whispered, gently touching (Y/n)'s quivering back. (Y/n) shook her head in disbelief.

"I... didn't even get to say goodbye..." she whispered, her eyebrows all of a sudden furrowing in anger. She clenched her flame haori in anger. It was just like her brothers, but her wasn't a happi that rested on her shoulders. "Why did he go..." she whispered, almost inaudibly, the tears in her eyes threatening to fall.

"What (Y/n)?" Senjuro asked.

"WHY DID HE GO?!" She yelled. Senjuro flinched from her loud tone, the thunder sounding as soon as her voice raised. The tears then started to fall down her face, the rain following soon after.

They both were getting soaked, "Please...leave me." She whispered. Somehow Senjuro heard her, and put his head down, before promptly leaving.

(Y/n) pit her forehead upon the stone reading,
Flame Pillar
Rengoku Kyojruo
Big Brother, Friend, Comrade
Rest In Peace

(Y/n) couldn't even say how many times she'd read it, every time it made her cry harder. A pounding head ache formed in her head, though she couldn't care less.

She remembered all the things they'd done together. She remembers how he would smile at her when he came home from a hard mission. Her tears wouldn't cease to come, her haori and hair both sticking to her form the rain.

(Y/n)'a own words rang through her head, "I'll follow you until the day I can smile at you and say..."

"Big brother I'm just like you."