A Soldier and a Swordsman

AN:
Another chapter and it isn't a month from the last one (yay). I'm just as surprised as you are, especially sense last week had been particularly busy IRL.
This chapter and the next was originally going to be one but I decided to break it up so that I could try to get chapters out more frequently.
End AN

Minecraft Championship 11 wasn't canceled. MCC wasn't canceled and "Dream" is allowing them to go. The SMP has been feeling like a prison more and more each day with Dream locking the portal up and banning anyone from traveling. The only times they can go through is if Dreams gives permission and any time someone asks, he says no.

On top of the ban, it seems like more and more people are going weirdly quiet. Their only hope is to use the event as a way to get help.

(Line skip)

They knew the risk that they were talking by allowing the server to participate in the event. It was a risk they were willing to take to make sure that they keep the Admins' loyalty.

(Line skip)

Scott couldn't be more thankful for Noxite than at that moment. He was able to work out a deal with the council to allow the championship to go on as normal with a connection to the Dream SMP and a connection to the Hub World to get all the participants that aren't in one of the three disconnected worlds.

Over the time between the disconnection and the Championship, the three admins opened their worlds to each other so they weren't stuck in just their world.

During the same time, they got a message from the admin of 2B2T saying they can use his world as an in-between to travel to other worlds. Even though the offer is open, everyone in the three worlds agreed to only use it in extreme emergencies. No one wants to be in 2B2T longer than they have to.

"Thank you again for helping so much," Scott said as Noxite walked up to him after he disconnected the portal to the three worlds.

"No problem. You know, most of the admins don't agree with what the council did. I know, it wasn't supposed to be publicly known but, disconnecting three well-known admins. What even happened?" Noxite asked while he started working to connect the portal to the other worlds.

"We wouldn't give up ownership and admin rights to our worlds."

"That... goes against so many protocols. There are reasons for the rules. They don't get to exclude themselves from following them."

"They were telling us that it fell into an emergency category that lets them get away with disobeying the protocols."

"How!? What could have been so important that they could get away with taking over worlds?"

"Information."

Noxite paused looking at Scott with disbelief. "What information did they want and how was it reasonable to take over a world for it?!"

"They wanted information about people in our worlds. I... won't go into much detail but they were claiming they were dangerous and our visions of them were clouded by a personal connection."

"Do you realize how big a deal this could be, outside your situation with it?" Noxite stared at Scott with fear. Scott hasn't thought of how it would affect other worlds. He guessed it could if... oh. Oh.

Scott's eyes widened with realization and fear. If they were able to force us with their excuse then...

"Scott, they could use this as an excuse to take over other worlds."

That's one of the main reasons why the rules were created. During its creation, the council knew that no one would agree to join if there was a chance that they could take control over someone else's worlds because they wanted to. The council during that time didn't want to take over worlds. The council realized during its creation that they won't always be the council. That it will change over the years. Power-hungry people could become a part of it. The rules were created to put heavy limits on their power. The only true power they have is to protect the worlds and to connect them.