RWBY Vol. 8 Part 2

Start from the beginning

So, we head out as Ren masked the civilians, leaving us open for the sake of saving more aura for them. Meanwhile, the same woman kept complaining, making the atmosphere around us more gloomy.

Oscar: *talking to himself...?* It should not be this hard getting people to just cooperate...you know, I really don't need your additional commentary right now...I'm not upset that you left, I'm upset that you came back. I started to feel like me, not the same me I was before all of this, but, the me I always wanted to be. I felt...like I was actually part of the team.....but...I don't want that...

Niko looked at me with a raised brow, while I responded with a shrug. I think a little bit before...

Ozpin...?

Suddenly, the civilians flashed pink, indicating that Ren is starting to get low on aura reserves.

Jaune: Hey, you good? | Ren: *stern* It's just a lot to focus on. | Jaune: You can do it, Ren. We're almost to the cra-- | Ren: I don't need a pep talk. I need to focus. | Jaune: *widened his eyes in shock, before looking down with furrowed brows* Right...

--Meanwhile, on the other side of Mantle, Y/n's POV--

May: Alright, come on. | Nora: Thanks again for coming. | May: Don't mention it. Once Robyn learned about Amity Tower, she wouldn't shut up about it. (playfully rolls her eyes.) Wherever she is, I'm sure she would want us dong what we can and get it up in the air and get the world talking again. Besides, Fiona got your friends helping out in my stead. | Nora: ...yeah...

Entering one of the factories owned by the Schnee family, we head inside and see robots walking around, seemingly continuing their jobs in vain.

Ruby: Are you sure this is safe? | Weiss: Snow Shoe Shipping is a SDC subsidiary, meaning that all the drones here report to the company, not the General. The pneumatic tubes allow for dust refined in the crater to be sent straight up to Atlas. | William: We just have to find one to the military base. | Blake: *tease* Are there any buildings in Atlas your family doesn't own? (Nora giggles) | Weiss: That...isn't at the moment! (Blake giggles)

So, we spread out and looked at the terminals, looking for clues pointing toward said military base. Penny was looking down, so Ruby approached her while I kept looking.

Ruby: Hey... | Penny: I do not like it when friends fight... | Ruby: I know, I...Yang and I might not agree on how best to save Mantle, but-- | Penny: No, I mean Winter, the General. (William's ear perked up) They were our friends, but then the Ace-Ops attacked you, and the General...he said people were going to die because of me and William...

William: *walks toward them* That was a lie, Penny. I know the General for too long to know his tactics. He was saying it to hurt you and guilt trip me. | Penny: But, what about you? You're a Draconazha, but now you're so much more than that. | William: *smiles* I'm still me, Penny. You helped me by distracting Cinder long enough for me to become the Winter Maiden, and by that, you and I protected Mantle. | Penny: ...thank you, William, Ruby...!

Ruby went ahead and hugged Penny while William awkwardly stood there before getting grabbed by Ruby and joining the group hug.

Weiss: I found it! | Blake: I suppose there's no turning back now. (we walk toward the terminal where Weiss and Nora are waiting) | May: Between our secret weapons and my semblance, you all couldn't be in better hands. | Y/n: So how do we use this thing? | Weiss: It should be simple. (sits down at the opening of the tube) If you sit down and press launch--WAAAA (Nora smashed the launched button and Weiss got sucked into the tube, heading up to the military base)