Listen before I go - Wanda

TW: Mentions Of suicide and death.

"I still love you but you don't care" That was the last phrase Y/N muttered before walking out of the room, Wanda stood in the middle of the room tears streaming down her face. She knew she didn't want to break up with Y/N only a week before their wedding but Wanda couldn't take any more pain. Y/n had put her through enough after loosing pietro, now they tried to take their own life, it's not pain Wanda could deal with, she couldn't cope with anymore pain. It destroyed her. It was too much. She just wanted to be free of any pain or stress or worry. She loved Y/n but she needed to stop the pain.

Flashback:

Wanda's Flashback:

I can't do this no more Y/n, I love you but I can't take the pain no more I can't have you wanting to end your life when mine is caving in on me, you're the only thing keeping it stable, you can't just take your own life because times are getting hard. I need you, I just can't cope with you whilst your so self destructive. You're like a ticking time bomb Y/N you always have been and always will be. I don't think we should get married, it's for the best. I have your best interests at heart. I think you should pack your stuff and move out. I can't have you or your stuff here distracting me, stopping me from moving forward. I need to forget you Y/N, I need to forget what we have.

Y/N's Flashback:

Wanda don't leave me, I love you, I'm still here aren't I, I need you just as much as you need me, I love you, I don't want this to be the end of us, we're meant to be getting married, this is meant to be our happily ever after. We were gonna grow old with each other whilst we sing lullabies to our future children and grandchildren. Look I'm sorry I tried to end my own life, I wasn't thinking about it, I wasn't thinking about anything or anyone, I realise that it was selfish of me to do so. I really do love you. I promise I can change. I promise I will change. These thoughts are gone now, you make me a better person, I love you wanda please don't make me go. You know what fuck everything, I love you, what is life without love. At that time I was living with a purpose but now I'm living to die. You were that purpose but I guess if you leave me I have no purpose. I can't move on from you, you're the best thing I have, you're the best thing I'll ever have. I fucked up big time and I'm sorry for that Wanda, I truly am.

End of flashbacks:

A few months later:

"How could she just move on from what we had, Nat" you said with a saddened tone. "We loved each other, we planned our future together and she just moves on like that and to a fucking toaster. I know my own mind was so self destructive at the time and that she didn't deserve all the shit I put her through but I didn't mean to cause her any pain, I just wanted to make my own disappear, apparently I only made it worse"

"Keep it down Y/n, Wanda might hear you, do you really want her to hear all of this? Do you really want her to relive the pain of having to break up with you? Do you really want her to feel the pain all over again? Do you really want to inflict pain on to her? You say you don't but if you continue to speak so loud it will cause her so much pain. I know deep down she still loves you Y/N, you can't go and do anything stupid. There's still a chance you could get her back" Nat said.

"Natasha you don't understand, there's no getting her back she's in love with microwave man, any feelings I have for her now I'm just going to move on and bury them so deep that they will never resurface. I can't cause myself that pain and I certainly don't want my feelings for Wanda conflicting with her own feelings for vision. She deserves the very best but I clearly can't give her that, at least if she's with toaster he can give her everything she wants. I just want to see her happy and if that's not with me then so be it." You felt your heart shatter into a million tiny little pieces but you knew you had to say it.

A few weeks later:

You had just come back from a mission in Russia where you were working with Nat and Wanda, it was so awkward for you, having to work with your ex-fiancé when you had hardly spoken a word to her since you broke up. "Hey Y/n, can I have a word alone please?" Wanda asked "sure Wanda" you said as you were being dragged out of the room by your sleeve. "Look I'm sorry I never told you that I would be moving on from us, what we had was special and I'll never forget what we had, what you gave me, how happy our relationship made me. I love you Y/n"

"Wow Wanda, really your gonna tell me this after we broke up months ago, they say to give a person space before trying to talk to them but not months, you can't come over to me and just apologise for throwing me aside when I needed you most, that was not what we were in this for. I get I was selfish but I needed you in a moment of bad mental health and you bailed on me. We would have been married now. I can't forget what we had and I won't forget what we had or how happy you made me. You don't get to make this about you" You said stamping your way out of the room.

A few weeks later:

You were sent on a mission with Nat and Steve but this mission was nothing you were used to, you were distracted your mind elsewhere, you couldn't stop thinking about that conversation you had with Wanda, you hated yourself for it, you shouldn't have gone at her like that, you were being stupid. You promised that when you get back from your mission that you're going to see her, to apologise to her, to tell her that what you said was mean and that you didn't mean any of it. You moved closer to Nat and Steve as you had managed to loose them whilst wallowing in your own self pity, you turned a corner without paying attention and ended up getting shot in the chest.

"Y/N" yelled Nat and Steve. They had heard gun shots and instantly thought the worst, whey made their way back to where they left you without looking down they ran, they ran as fast as they could. Nat ended up leaving Steve behind and found you on the floor lying there going in and out of consciousness. Steve finally caught up to find you there. "Quickly pick them up and take them to the quinjet Steve, we can't waste anymore time." They ran to the quinjet and laid you down on a stretcher. "Hold on to us Y/N, we won't be long getting there" Nat said sitting with you holding your hand making sure that you were going to be okay.

Time skip:

About an hour later and you made it to the base, you managed to hang on, the colour almost drained from your face, Nat keeping pressure on your wound. "Steve, go find Bruce" Nat said "go now" at this point you had lost a lot of blood. "N-Nat don't fetch Bruce just get Wanda I need to tell her something. You and I both know I am not going to make it. I just want to tell her that I'm sorry."

Nat ran as quickly as possible to bring Wanda, wanda came with no hesitation, her panic struck face staring at you. "What is it Y/N" she asked. "I want you to know that I've never stopped loving you wanda and that I didn't mean anything I said a few weeks ago, I just want you to know that I love you and that I always will." You said "I'll always love you too Y/N" Wanda added with tears streaming down her cheeks.

Y/n took their last breath and said to Wanda "We have said goodbye before so we will say hello again" Wanda kissed Y/N. Their chest was no longer rising and falling. Wanda sat at the end of the stretcher. She felt pain, but this wasn't pain she'd ever felt before. Knowing that Y/N was gone, that she will never get them back, never get to hold them, never get to tell them she loves them, never comforting them when they need a friend. And it was at that moment that Wanda realised that she still had feelings for Y/N and that she couldn't tell them. She knelt to the ground and just screamed in pain, not even caring who heard her. She knelt there all night staring at your body wishing to wake up from this nightmare. Wanda never woke up. It was never a dream.

A/N: This is possibly my favourite chapter I've written and it was all -H0STAGE idea. I just put in the soul crushing pain.

Anyways I hope you have a lovely day, I'm so ready to get yelled at for this! You know who you all are!

-Sam