Werewolf AU Pt. 2 - 2kimz

Start from the beginning

"They came."

"What came?"

"The... things. We discussed when-" Yeji sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "We have to go. Remember what Lecture Lady was talking about when you and Haseul were bickering in the corner?" 

Sudden realization filled her from head to toe.

"They're here. Just outside of your safe house. They're blind, but they can smell and hear us. We need to get out. There are already casualties. Yeojin, Jiheon, Ryujin..." Yeji's voice caught in her throat.

"Oh." Minju's heart rate flew. "Oh no."

Minju's sight suddenly widened and the colors came into focus. Her surroundings sharpened. Her breath quickened.

"We have to get out of here." Yeji sprinted right after Minju as they headed to each of the separate hideouts, trying to get everyone out quickly and quietly. Jihyo was herding everyone into vans and some of the betas were working together to drive.

You'd never seen a bunch of wolf packs so close. Seriously, that myth about arguing with other packs for dominance, like, no. 

They got Haseul's group in one van, Yeji and Jihyo's in another, Saerom got away with her people in a smaller car, and Minju's pack snuck in with some of the lone wolves. 

Minju had looked up at Somi, the driver. "Get them out of here. Make sure they're safe."

Somi had given a curt nod and followed after Soyeon's car.

Scampering over to the minivan she was sharing with Yeji, Saerom, Haseul, and everyone else, Minju felt a breath-stopping stab of pain in her stomach. She doubled over, and her heart stopped beating for a second as one name resonated in her mind.

Chaewon.

"What are you doing?" Yeji harshly whispered. 

"Get out. I'll follow you soon."

"What the fuck? This isn't a joke, Minju!" 

"Get. Out."

Minju stared Yeji forcefully in the eye. Somehow making a mutual understanding, Yeji nodded and turned to Haseul. "Step on it."

Taking one last glance at Minju, Haseul turned ahead and they were gone in ten seconds.

Her steps made no sound, silent on the frozen forest floor. She shivered from the cold, but it motivated her to sprint faster, to get in and get out, to get to Chaewon.

Chaewon.

I'm coming for you.

*

For once, there was nothing. Genuinely, Chaewon thought wolves didn't have the power to be quiet. But they did. Except the first thing that Chaewon noticed after the silence was the fact that they were gone.

She was alone in here.

Maybe this should have made her scared or lonely, but instead, it filled her with something hot and raging and so loud she wanted to scream. If she could get out...

Chaewon slammed her shoulder into wall.

One for Chaeyeon.

And again.

Two for her sanity.

And again.

Three for the lies of the past week.

And again.

Four for Minju, for wasted love, for heartbreak, for stupidity.

Screaming a full, angry, genuine scream, Chaewon slammed the barred door of her cell off of it's hinges. Only then did she remember that her ankles and wrists both were bound and screaming again (but in anticipation of impact), Chaewon fell on her face.