Werewolf AU Pt. 2 - 2kimz

Start from the beginning

It was almost like a brand.

Minju didn't like it.

She ran away that night. Maybe that's why she had so much confidence when she and Chaewon had run away from the police.

Minju's head fell into her hand. Chaewon. That beautiful, feisty girl she had met on her way back to her pack. Memories flooded her brain, filling her with a weird, fuzzy feeling, like her insides were made out of a soft, down blanket. The sound of Chaewon's giggle played and replayed in her brain. Minju's cheeks tingled and warmed, just a little. Chaewon was so cute. And angelic. And just-

"And that is all for today."

All the way back to the warehouse, Minju was stuck in her mind. She needed to see Chaewon again. Maybe beg for forgiveness.

But when her footsteps echoed through the dark hallway, she could see Chaewon's silhouette shrink away.

Minju hesitated for half a second before continuing, heart beating a little faster. 

You're an alpha. You shouldn't be afraid of a mere human.

Minju made sure to stand up straight, squaring her shoulders as she tried to remain steady.

And her heart may or may not have developed a small crack when she saw the state Chaewon was in.

Chaewon, beautiful, feisty Chaewon, who used to care so much about her appearance, seemed to have lost all faith in getting out. Her clothes were dusty, her skin was caked with dirt, and her hair was messed up so much it almost seemed as though she had taken her hand and ran it up and down through her soft curls.

And she was quiet. No smiles and laughter. No screams of "hello" or "Minjuuu!" Nothing.

"Hi. How's it going?" Minju desperately tried to make her voice sound normal, but it was shaky and the tone wavered up and down, squeaky and deep.

Chaewon didn't answer.

Minju slowly reached her hand through the bars.

Still silent, Chaewon pulled away. Something about the jerk in her movement made Minju's step falter. Her hand was left hanging in the air.

"Chaewon-ah-"

"Don't call me that," Chaewon spat. Her face curled into a sneer.

She cocked her head.

And then she smiled.

Minju could no longer tell if this was the adorable Chaewon that held her hand on the train.

"You won't fool me again." Her smile morphed into something cruel. "You're not a bad actor, Kim. Acting like you loved me." Chaewon looked away, chuckling. Minju's calm melted away at the cold hurt in the smaller girl's eyes.

"I did love you. I DO love y-"

"Stop."

It wasn't a yell. Not a loud, hateful command. It was strong and silent. Firm, and above all, feelingless. And that is what Minju felt the most.

It's what shattered her heart as it broke like glass in her chest.

*

Minju couldn't stop thinking. About Chaewon. About how she pulled away. About how she had changed. About... about everything.

And this is what she was thinking about when Yeji ran into her room and frantically dragged her to her feet.

Groggy and unprepared for the panicked look in Yeji's eyes, Minju murmured a small, "Huh?"