Chapter 1

The feeling of never seeing her family and beloved messed with Sara the first few months she was blind, but then she got used to it. One day she woke up and thought about it for hours and realised that maybe not seeing again wasn't so bad after all.

Of course it was difficult, being permanently blind wasn't something she, or anyone else ever saw coming. But she managed to find her way around the ship just fine by herself and even fought with rest of the team.

But standing on the bridge being told she was lied to by her family her entire life was something worse than never seeing again. She slid down the wall and took a few deep breaths, trying to not slip into a state of panic but it wasn't working.

She vaguely heard voices but none of them were the ones she wanted to hear. Her breaths quickened and she knew what was happening but didn't have the energy to try and fight it.

She feels people touching her and it's making her panicked state worse. She then hears someone shouting and the team all move away so her first guess was Nyssa. "Beloved, what happened?" She was right and relived.

She sees Nyssa slowly coming towards her, she could move away if she wanted to but she doesn't because Nyssa is the only person she trusts to touch her in these states.

Nyssa grabs her hand and starts taking deep breaths. "Your doing good." She said, as Sara tries to match their breathing. Once she dose she's pulled into a hug and clings on so tight not even the Heir to the Demon could move, even if she wanted to.

The brunette takes the glasses from Sara's face and wipes her tears, just letting Sara know she was there. "What happened?" She asked once the two are alone in their room. They always spoke in Arabic when it was just the two of them.

Their cuddled up together on their bed, Nyssa being the big spoon, like always. It made Nyssa feel like she was protecting the blonde and it made Sara feel safe.

The lights were off because Sara's eyes hurt when she didn't have her glasses on so they were lying in the darkness.

"Gideon said something and I panicked." Sara explained after a few seconds of silence. Nyssa knew not to push, it made Sara close herself off and not want to talk about it even more than she already did. She was the opposite, she needed Sara to push her for answers otherwise she'd keep it all locked up inside. Luckily for them the other was great at doing what the other needed.

So she nods, not saying anything. Sara wondered how on earth Nyssa managed to deal with her for all these years, she literally had the patience of a saint.

"I'm adopted." Sara said, Arabic rolling off her tongue like she'd spoken it since birth. She hadn't but that's what it sounded like.

Nyssa was surprised, she'd met all of the Lance's and even though they didn't get along, she tolerated them for Sara. To find this out though made her want to kill them, they were already dead but the feeling was still there.

"They should've told you, beloved." Nyssa said, drawing patterns with her finger on Sara's arm. "You deserved to know."

Sara nods, even though she caused all that pain she still had a right to know they weren't her real parents. "Gideon." Sara spoke up, speaking English, it was easier for the AI to answer in. When she spoke Arabic it came out as a jumbled mess. "Did Laurel know?"

Nyssa wonders the same, she and Laurel always acted like sisters and told each other everything, surely she didn't know.

"She did not, Captain." Gideon said, Sara sighs in relief, glad she wasn't the only one that was lied to. 

"Do you want to meet your real family, beloved?" Nyssa asked, she did want to have a fresh start with Sara's family, considering the last one she met she kidnapped her mother and poisoned her sister, but she didn't want it as much as she wanted Sara to be happy. 

"One day, but not yet." Sara replied, her eyes were growing heavy. Most people's powers made them more energetic and able to stay awake longer, but Sara's used up more energy than she was willing to admit. "I'm just not ready yet."

"I understand." Nyssa said, she didn't understand what Sara was going through, but she was trying and that counted in Sara's book.

"Night Nys." Sara whispered, her eyes now shut and half asleep.

"Goodnight habibti." Nyssa said, switching to English.