𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑇𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑙𝑠

The car sped down the street at 60 miles per hour. The kids pressured Y/N to drive faster, which was something she wasn't good at because she never drove at those high speeds.

Steve woke up, he was all bloodied up, bruised, and hurt. Dustin sat next to him, and his head hurt like hell. His breath hitched and looked around to find a can of gasoline on his side. Steve focused on who was holding it, he observed a familiar face. Was that Nancy he saw? Why the hell was she here?

"I think he's awake," Mike noted, trying to get Y/N's attention. She turned to see him and smiled.

"Steve, you alright?" Y/N inquired as she tightened her grip on the steering wheel.

"Nancy?" Steve mumbled, it hurt his mouth to say that, making Mike cringe and take a look at him. Y/N frantically looked back to focus on the road. Steve tried to touch his eyes, but it ached.

"Hey don't touch it," Dustin's voice rang in his ears, "Hey buddy! Shhhhh.... it's okay you put up with a good fight. You got your ass kicked, but you still put up a fight for us and Y/N."

"Okay, you're going to keep going straight for half a mile and make a left," Lucas directed, making Y/N nod. She focused on the dark highway, careful not to make a wrong move.

"What's going on?" Steve muttered making Y/N to turn around and look at him. It made her heart a little sad seeing him all beaten up, she's never witnessed a fight. "Woah, woah! Oh my god!"

"Its okay she's driven before," Lucas stated.

"Yeah, but not at this speed," Mike uttered.

"She drives, it counts," Max mumbled behind Y/N.

"Woah!" Steve wailed, not being conscious with his surroundings.

"You promised you'd be cool, okay?" Dustin crowed with a snappy tone.

Y/N began to make the speed faster, startling Steve. She pressed the accelerator even harder and the car drove really fast. The engine roared in the silence of the darkness, making it more noticeable.

"WOAH OH MY GOD!" Steve shrieked. "STOP THE CAR!"

"I told you he'd freak out!" Mike boomed with anxiety.

Steve continued to scream, "STOP THE CAR BABY!"

"Shut up and let me concentrate!" Y/N shouted from the front. She realized the words Steve told her, baby. Wait what the hell? He just called her baby, snapping out of her thoughts and confusion, she needed to manage the car.

"Slow down!" He squealed again.

"Hurry! Take a left now!" Lucas yelled.

"What?"

"TURN LEFT!" Lucas demanded.

Y/N made a really sharp turn, surprising everyone, and making everyone already scream louder. These people couldn't shut up. Everyone was now squealing and yelling, Y/N had to force them to keep it quiet.

"SHUT UP!" Y/N yelled from the front making everyone drive in silence for the next minute or so.

Y/N drove as fast as she could, finding the pumpkin patch where Hopper went missing. She stepped on the break near a hole and everyone filed out of there.

"Wow, Y/N, that was incredible," Mike complimented.

"Hah, thanks," She said and smiled.

They all quickly got out of the car, leaving Steve behind inside, and opened the trunk to put of goggles and cloths to protect themselves from the hazardous chemicals inside there. Steve stumbled out of the car, weak and tired, almost falling down, but supported himself with the car door, groaning. Y/N wanted to help him, but there were things more important, she put on the bandanna across her face. They all put on the face coverings and goggles, Mike held the gasoline to walk over to the front of the car with a rope. Steve groaned and took a breath to see Mike walking past him with supplies.