Chapter 23~*~ Light ~*~

Luna's POV

It was dark, i tried to move, but i couldn't. It was like i was frozen still, but i could still hear what was happening around me. Screaming. That's all i heard. Painful screaming. i felt my soul slowly drifting away from my body, and the screaming got faint. i felt as if i was floating away.

"Daddy?"

that voice. that's my voice. but....i don't remember having a dad. All of a sudden, I felt cold. Then, there was a flash of light. i saw a little girl with light brown hair and small curls, her eyes had blue, silver, red/orange and green mixed together, and her cheeks were pink. she was absolutely adorable. i knelt down at her, and she spotted me, running up to me, her curls bouncing around.

"hello" she smiled

"Hi" i smiled back. she looked familiar, but i couldn't put my finger on it.

"have you seen my Daddy?" she asked. i frowned, shaking my head

"What are you doing in a place so dark?" i questioned.

"i don't know, i'm lost"

"i'll help you find your dad"

She grinned at me happily  and she used her small fingers to pull on my hand, dragging me further into darkness. Then, up in the dark sky, the moon appeared, shining down on the two of us. the little girl jumped in happiness, looking up at the moon.

"Daddy!" she exclaimed

"The moon's your dad?" i questioned, clearly amazed. she nodded happily, the moon's beams lifted her up, and carried her towards it.

"Jack!" shouted a voice. i thought for a moment, i know this voice.

"Jack!" the guardians. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Sorry, i have to go, what's your name?" i asked the little girl.

"Luna, but everyone else named me Rose" she said, disappearing. i stood there in shock, until i heard someone shouting in pain. i instantly recognized his voice.

"Jack!" i shouted, flying up to the moon, for that was the only light there.

my eyes shot open, and i breathed rapidly. i turned around to see Jack, on the floor bleeding, shouting in pain. I ran towards the mist, getting cut and beaten myself, but i urged myself foreword, i had to get to Jack.

"Still alive i see, stupid girl! that's suicide!" Mathew shouted, his claws dripping blood. i ignored him and continued dragging herself to Jack. finally, when i reached him, he screamed at me to go away, but i simply shook my head.

"i'm not leaving you, not again" i said, wincing as the mist kept burning and cutting, our skin was practically being torn off. a tear fell from my eye, but it stung. my whole body numb. pulled on Jacks hoodie, figuring if we were gonna die, might as well get one last kiss. Jack gave a weak smile, and pressed his lips against mine. yeah, it taste like blood, but i still liked it. suddenly, there was a burst of blue light and a wave of hissing came around us. i pulled back, my body no longer feeling numb. Both Jack and my wounds were completely healed, and the mist was retreating quickly, becoming smaller and smaller until it was gone.

"Is it over?" i asked,

"i guess so..." Jack muttered, the guardians cheered and ran up to us. we all had a mini celebration until a boom of harsh laughter. North growled and lunged his swords into the monster's stomach, but it had no effect, instead his swords got sucked in leaving North weaponless. Bunnymund threw his egg bombs but he absorbed that too, with no effect. even Sandy's dream sand wouldn't work.

"comeon, your just giving me more energy" he laughed, as a different kind of mist grew form his feet. tooth's fairies scurried off, but they were being sucked into him like a black whole. a cloud of darkness swirled above us, and thunder shot down, lighting up the sky for only a second. Jack flew up to the cloud, attacking it with ice, of course, me being me, i followed and hit it with vines, ice and fire. but it just kept growing.

"How do you kill this thing!" i complained, shooting a fireball at it. Jack tried kissing me, but it only held it off for a few minutes.

"You don't! it's unstoppable!" Mathew shouted, laughing evilly, letting it suck him into the darkness. Suddenley, both Jack and i were hit by lighting and tumbling down, head first. North came by with his sled, worry on his face.

"What do we do?!" Bunnymund screamed while Jack held his head, considering we both had massive headaches.

"We can'tdo anything, Darkness took over! there is no moon!" North shouted. Tooth was obviously angry, shouting at the demon for killing her fairies.

"No moon" imuttered, staring into the sky, making Jack look at me wildly

"Daddy" imuttered, making Everyone surprised and lose control.

"what?! why didn't you tell me!" Jack exclaimed

"tooth! you better not tell the moon what i said about his daughter!" Bunnymund whispered harshly, but i was deep in thought. I only could follow light.......

"My purpose....is to....." i mumbled, then my eyes widened and i shot up into the sky. Jack tugged on me, begging me not to go.

"Jack, i know what to do, trust me" i pleaded. sandy put his hand on Jack's shoulder, making him let go of my dress and i bolted to the cloud. the demon laughed at me.

"and what are you gonna do, Rose?" Mathew laughed from inside the large growing cloud. i backed up a bit, and flung myself into the cloud

"Luna!" i heard Jack shout. in the cloud, i felt my breath being taken away from me,

"Stupid girl, i don't know why i was even friends with you" he said shaking his head. i glared, gagging from the lack of oxygen. he laughed.

"Face it Luna your worthless, your ment to be on the dark side, after all you were my friend" i could just feel him grin.

"I'm not Dark" i gasped, holding my throat. i let out a growl, he was draining my energy.

"sure your not" he said sarcastically. Luna, remember your purpose. i brought myself back up, pulling myself together

"Yournot stronger than me" i said "i'm not worthless, i'm not dark" i hissed, gathering my energy.

"i-i-i'm Light" i yelled, my eyes changing to silver with a yellow halo around it, and my body glowed, the mist shrunk, and from the corner of my eye, i saw the moon coming back, getting brighter and brighter by the second, shining at me.

"h-h-how is that possible?!" he exclaimed as his mist vanished, and i filled the night sky with light. he grew weak by the second, and fell to the ground, weak. i flew down with him, watching him hit the ground hard. a loud thud echoed the desert, and iwalked up to him, my face dirty and dress torn, but i was alive. the monsters form changed back to a little boy, and he fell to his knees

"don't kill me please!" he pleaded. i raised and eyebrow at him

"Kill you? no, i won't. your staying here" i said, tapping my foot, making a large cage of vines. the guardians walked up to him, giving him a look of hatred and pity.

"Jack.." i said, gesturing to Mathew. Jack grinned and made a cage of ice around the boy, it was never melting ice. i covered it all in flames, and tapped my foot again, making the large cage sink underground.

"What are you doing Luna?" Tooth asked

"its a cage for him, no human will be able to find him and only someone that's filled with good can let him escape. don't worry, he's frozen in there but his spirit is still in there, but he'll cause no more troubles until someone filled with good and only good lets him out" i said, rubbing my head. suddenley, i felt dizzy and fainted on the ground.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

― Martin Luther King Jr