Chapter 12~*~ ice ~*~

Luna's POV

Jack took a step foreword, and i was scared, frightened, confused, overwhelmed...but happy to see him. There was a crack, and my eyes widened in fear. everything went in slow motion, i fell to the ground, and screamed in horror

"JACK!!" i shouted as i fell into the ice cold water. the last thing i saw was Jack reaching out to grab me, but i was already in the water.

i saw myself go deeper into the ocean, i tried to swim up but the cold froze my muscles. i could hear his shouting.

"LUNA!"

it repeated over and over again, i stared up into the moon, i couldn't breath, i couldn't move. was it really the end for me? it was dark, even though my eyes were wide open, i couldn't see a thing.  i didn't wanna die. and i wasn't gonna die.

Jack's POV

"LUNA!" i repeated over and over again. why arn't i jumping in to save her? maybe, because deep inside me knew she was dead. i felt a frozen tear drop fall as i watched her body float away from me. her eyes were wide open, and her guitar was sinking faster than she was. i couldn't hold it anymore, i dove in the ice cold water. me being jack frost, it didn't affect me. i swam to Luna, as i swam closer, her eyes glowed bright blue all of a sudden. i picked her up, and carried her to the surface.

i lay her down on a bed of ice, though her eyes glowed, she wasn't moving, her heart wasn't beating, and she wasn't breathing.

"No," i muttered "No,no,no,no" i repeated sadly, tears falling down. "Luna!" i shouted. her body lay still as i bawled my eyes out over her.

Suddenley, her glowing eyes got brighter, and her body was being lifted into the air. snow flakes and snow surround her lifeless body until i couldn't see her anymore. i knew this wasn't my doing, and i didn't know what was happening. Luna's body slowly made it's way down until it gently landed on my lap. the snowflakes swiftly floated away, and Luna's eyes fluttered, she let out a gasp for air. Her eyes were snow white but a blue halo surrounded her pupils

Luna's POV

i let out a gasp for breath, i wasn't cold anymore. i looked around wildly like i had just woken up from a bad dream.

"L-L-Luna?" someone asked in disbelief. i looked at the familiar boy with white hair and blue eyes.

"Jack..." i breathed "what happened?" i asked. even though that last memory i had was dying in the ocean, i still remembered he betrayed me.

"i don't know, but your eyes, their not blue anymore, their white with a blue halo surrounding them" Jack pointed out in awe. i touched my cheek and looked at Jack in the eye.

"please don't give me to the threat" i pleaded. Jack smiled and brought me in a big hug.

"Never, Luna, Never." he whispered in my ear "it was Bunmymund's idea, and i almost ripped his head off" Jack added. i giggled.

"seems like you would" i said. i looked down at the ocean.

"My guitar...." i frowned. "am i just gonna hide here?" i asked

"No, you'll be living in Colorado, but i'll keep you hidden" Jack said, giving me a reassuring smile. i looked down at my hand, which was healed, Jack noticed and smiled.

"i see your all healed, wanna try flying?" he asked. i gave a slight shrug.

"i don't know, after all, i just died a few seconds ago" i giggled.

"come on, i'll be here with you" he said, holding out his hand. i took it and smiled at him, i was glad Jack is on my side. with that, he leaped into the air. i forced myself up, i flew. it was a little bumpy, but i still flew.

Jack tugged on me and showed me a small shack.

"it's not much, but it'll do" Jack said nervously. i giggled at the tone of his voice.

"it's fine. thank you, Jack" i said, a twinkle in my eye. as soon as i touched the ground with no snow, considering the fact there was only ice and no snow, snow formed around me. i looked up at jack.

"Jack, what are you doing?" i asked him. he looked shocked.

"it's not me" he said "it's..." he stopped studying me "you" he said.

"but i thought that was your power" i said, confused.

"looks like it's yours too" Jack said, grinning. i opened the shack's door, and my hand tingled. frost grew from my hand, and it's design was exactly like Jack's. the ice i made was shiny, i used it as a mirror and sat in the corner of the shack, Jack sitting next to me. i studied my eyes, still confused

"if my power is the same as yours, how come only i could stop this threat, why can't you?" i asked

"i don't know" Jack said in thought.

"Jack," i said, hesitantly

"yeah?" he asked

"You know, i was so broken to know you guys betrayed me. but the thing that i was really broken up about was knowing you betrayed me. it's just this weird feeling i get whenever i'm around you or think of you" i said, sighing, studying my hands. i held Jack's hand and compared them. Jack laughed at every action i did, until i placed our hands together. my fingers curled around his, and he curled his around mine, a blue spark lit in our hands and when we let go, a perfect snowflake appeared in both of our hands. i smiled at the beauty of it. for once, a snowflake didn't melt in my hand.

"it's so pretty" i murmured.

"you think everything's pretty" Jack laughed. i playfully punched his arm.

"you know, i was broken that you left. i searched everywhere for you. i even cried" Jack confessed. i grinned

"you made me cry until i ran out of tears" i said, laughing lightly, tracing Jack's features. i used my finger and lightly touched Jack's cheek. he grabbed my hand and i held my breath, i blushed when i realized what i was doing.

"What are you doing, Luna" Jack asked softly, our faces only inches apart, a small smile on his lips.

"i, um, whenever we touch, there's a blue spark, i just, it was so pretty" i stuttered. Jack raised and eyebrow, and moved a hair out of my hair, a blue spark appeared and another snowflake appeared. Jack smiled amused.

"i guess, we both need each other. i told you, you were my missing puzzle piece" i said, leaning in, my forehead touched his. a spark appeared, but no snowflake. i could smell his minty breath, i closed my eyes resting. i wasn't planning on doing anything, mind you. at least, i wasn't planning on doing anything. but then Jack closed the gap between us and a giant blue spark appeared. his cold lips melted into my own cold lips. i didn't hesitate to kiss back. he made my heart speed up.

We pulled away, and the whole room was decorated in beautiful patterned frost. my eyes widened and i blushed madly, but the whole room was breath-taking. Jack stood up and smiled down at me.

"i have to go, the others will be looking for me. i'll be back" Jack said. i nodded as i watched the boy carry his staff and walked out of the shack, leaving me happy, bubbly, and dazed

i swear, this boy will be the death of me.