Chapter 22~*~ old friend ~*~

3rd person's POV

as the guardians walked cautiously to the threat's cave, Luna went crazy searching for  them. as soon as they stepped foot in the cave, dark mist rolled out, and the little boy walked out, smirking evilly. he scanned the group, who raised their weapons, preparing to fight.

"such a shame you didn't bring her" He frowned, shaking his small head in disappointment.

"She died" Bunnymund growled

"Stupid over sized rabbit! she's alive! isn't that right, Jack?" the boy asked, turning to Jack.

"what?" Tooth asked, everyone staring at Jack. He shifted nervously and sighed

"i don't know what your talking about" Jack hissed

"oh really? well then, if you won't bring her here, i guess the deal is off" the boy grinned, raising his hand and a scream echoed through the walls of the cave. a women fell to the ground, lifeless.

"shall we continue?" the boy questioned, raising his hand and another body fell. The guardians stared at the dead bodies and then exchanged nervous glances.

"Oh, how about this little one?" the boy asked, the mist faded and a little infant floated, crying, the demon boy lifted his hand and they saw the mist cutting the baby.

"Stop!" North pleaded. the mist yet again covered the cave so they could see nothing.

"How about we make another deal?" the boy asked

"anything" Tooth desperately said.

"that boy, Frost. if i can't have the girl, i'll have her Lover" he said. Jack froze, glaring at the boy.

"Lover?" Bunnymund asked, cocking an eyebrow. nobody moved a muscle, they all sent daggers to the threat.

"i already destroyed the moon. come now, Jack. unless, you want this boy to suffer" The demon boy grinned mischievously. the mist yet again cleared and Jamie floated there, unconscious. the boy was about to lift his hand until Jack finally gave in.

"Stop!" he shouted. stepping foreword

"Jack, no" Tooth begged but Jack continued stepping foreword. grinning victoriously, the little boy slowly sent in his mist.

"your time's up, Jack" the boy laughed devileshly. Jack tried to freeze the mist but it kept rolling in on him.

"Jack! get out of there!" North shouted. Suddenly, a burst of Light entered the room. there, in the middle of the room, was a tired, worn out Luna.

"finally, i found yo- Jack! get out of there"! she shouted. Jack looked back at her, surprised, everyone else was surprised she was alive, everyone but the boy and Jack. the boy smirked

"Finally you came, Rose" the boy hissed. Luna froze, and turned around to face none other than her old friend,

"M-Mathew?" she asked, looking at the boy. "How could you, you were my friend!" she exclaimed. everyone gasped

"That's Mathew! What kind of friends do you make, Luna?!" Jack exclaimed, backing away from the mist.

"Friend?! some friend you were! you left me in the ice to die! we were best friends, and you never told me about you secret place! you never told me there was a lake! i died because of you! and when i died, you were there and you didn't want to save me! and when i died, nobody cared! i wanted revenge, i want my revenge on you, Rose. i want to kill you in my bare hands!" he gritted. His whole body changed, he grew taller, his skin turned yellow, and she face formed into what seemed to be a rat with only specks of hair. his clothes ripped and his body was body, he grew long, horrible white, sharp claws, and his teeth were so long and sharp they stuck out of his mouth. he was no longer Mathew. he was a monster. a demon.

The minute he changed, Jack grabbed Luna's arm and they all ran out, mist filled the cave and everyone ducked for cover. the Cave exploded and the black mist multiplied.

"Get your weapons ready, mate!" Bunnymund yelled. Everyone was in their fighting stance, ready for what came for them. The mist attacked them, and the guardians charged; however, Luna was more concentrated on Mathew.

"Luna! what are you doing?!" Jack screamed. everyone was amazed of what Luna can do, after all, when she met them, she had no powers. She set fire to the mist, it hissed at her and Jack froze it. it harmed the mist for once, and it backed away. Bunnymund threw egg bombs and North kept slashing. the fairies all had Bunnymund's bomb's and threw them, the Mist hissed and back away some more. Luna Charged into the mist, her whole body ignited on fire, injuring the mist, jack went after her, but the mist cut him.

Finally she made it to Mathew. she flung sharp icicles and fireballs at him, but it didn't seem to affect him. finally, Jack caught up with Luna only to find the monster holding onto Luna, Choking her.

"you really think that those wimpy powers are what she's meant to do? you are wrong" the monster's raspy voice hissed, crushing Luna.

"Luna!" Jack shouted trying to freeze the monster. He let go of Luna, only because Jack distracted him, she fell to the ground, and Jack caught her, helping her to her feet.

"How are you supposed to fight when you don't even know what your purpose in life?" the monster hissed.

"Don't listen to him, Luna" Jack ordered, while all the other guardians were fighting for their lives.

"No matter, i'll just kill her right now" the monster said, Grabbing Luna. she tried to ignite her body, but the pain around her neck was too much. she couldn't breathe, and Jack fought to break her free. suddenly, Luna felt nothing, she was being dropped. it all happened so fast, she fell to the floor with a loud thud, she looked to her right to see Jack being held down by the monster, the mist rolling in. She was knocked out, but she could still hear. but all she could hear was Jack screaming in pain.

~*~

sorry for the short chapter, but HAPPY NEW YEAR! anyway, i know my writing sucks, cause it's my first book, i havn't edited my stuff, so yeah, there's most definitely errors, so....yeah, also I'M JUST A KID! BARLEY EVEN A TEENAGER! but that's okay, i really don't care what others think about me, i love you random citizen anyway ^.^ buuut it's not done yet!!