ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

𝕁𝕦𝕝𝕪 𝟙𝟜, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟠☁︎︎

My groggy eyes opened as the feeling of sadness washed over me. I just couldn't accept the fact that Luis was gone especially because we left off on such a bad note.

I groaned in annoyance as I pulled the covers back over my head. I had no motivation to get out of bed whatsoever. The kids won't be okay on their own. Eh, they'll be fine.

"Mommy!" Jayden's voice called out as he hopped on my bed.

I grumbled lightly. "Mommy's trying to sleep."

"We're hungry!" He whined.

I waved a hand at him. "Do it yourself."

He pouted. "But I'm only four. I can't do it."

"Then ask Alison." I snapped before smacking my head back onto my pillow.

"Ugh!" He groaned before waddling out of my room.

I sighed in anger and got myself comfortable back in my bed. I shut my eyes, hoping to get a few more hours of sleep, but was soon disappointed when I was woken back up by Connie.

"Amelia!" She groaned while shaking me. "Get up!"

"No!" I groaned back. "My husband's dead! There's no reason to get up!"

"Oh, my gosh!" She grumbled. "That doesn't mean you get to sit around all day! You still have kids to take care of!"

I waved my hand at her. "They'll be fine."

A scoff escaped her mouth. "Lia! This is not good parenting!"

"The kids don't even like me! They always liked Luis better and he's not here!" I snapped. "I'm all alone!"

"That's not true."

"Yes, it is."

Her eyes rolled. "Let's go. Don't tell yourself that."

"Nope."

"Come on." She grunted as she flung me over her shoulder, a shriek escaping my mouth.

She plopped me in front of my mirror, my hideous reflection staring back at me.

"Ugh," I groaned. "Why did you make this the first thing I had to see this morning?"

"Because you gotta look good today." She smiled while grabbing my hairbrush.

I sighed but didn't have the energy to protest with her. She started to brush through my matted hair while I just stared at myself.

I imagined Luis's warm arms wrapped around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder, and his whisper in my ear telling me everything's gonna be okay. Instead, he's dead.

"Done." Connie chirped. "Okay, now outfit."

She tapped her chin as she dug in my closet. She eventually pulled out a pair of baby blue ripped jeans, a black t-shirt, and my white slip-on vans.

"Perfect." She smiled.

"I don't feel like getting all dressed up today." I sighed.

"Oh, come on. This is barely anything."

I hesitated, but knew that I needed to pick myself up. "Fine."

She clapped happily. "Yay! I'll wait downstairs, okay?"

I nodded and watched her walk out of my room. She gently shut the door behind her and I quickly started to change. I tucked the shirt into the waist of my jeans slightly, slipped on my shoes, and slicked my hair into a ponytail.