ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

ℕ𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟚, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚❦

Kaylie's door suddenly swung open, revealing Luke. His shirtless chest glistened in the light as I tried desperately not to stare. Kaylie groaned and looked at him.

"Ever heard of knocking?" She grumbled.

He chuckled lightly. "Sorry, but I was just wondering if you knew where mom was."

Her eyes rolled. "You have a phone. Why don't you call her?"

His shoulders shrugged. "It's dead. I gotta use yours."

"Then charge it, dummy!" She stood up.

He suddenly snatched her phone out of her hands and smiled playfully. He held it up in the air and she jumped to get it.

"Give it back, asshole!" She shouted.

"Gotta catch me first!" He yelled as he ran away.

She groaned in anger and chased after him. A little chuckle left Anne's mouth as she nervously played with her hoodie sleeves. I looked at her in surprise. That's the first time I've ever seen her smile.

"I'm glad my brother isn't like that." I laughed softly.

She let out a nervous giggle. "Me too..."

"I feel like we've never actually talked before," I stated. "If you don't mind, could you tell me more about yourself? You seem pretty interesting."

She sighed quietly. "Um, I-I'm not interesting at all, trust me."

I scooted closer to her. "I bet you are."

She looked down at my stomach and completely changed the subject. "Um, h-how many months?"

I ignored the fact that she completely changed the subject and stuttered for the right answer. "Ummm...oh, almost four."

"Cool." She smiled shyly. "Uh, is Luis nice to you?"

I nodded. "Of course he is. Why?"

Her shoulders shrugged lightly. "I don't know...just making sure."

Why is she so suspicious? Before I could ask her anything else, Kaylie came running back inside with her phone gripped in her hands. She slammed the door and Luke banged on it desperately.

"Come on, Kaylie!" He begged. "I wanna call mom!"

"Use the house phone!" She snickered mischievously.

She continued holding the door shut, but Luke is a strong guy, so he had no trouble bursting the door open.

"Kaylie, please." He panted.

"No." She sassed.

They continued arguing and Anne looked like she was about to have a panic attack. Her legs hugged onto her chest harshly while her nails gripped her legs.

"Anne?" I whispered while placing a hand on her shoulder.

She flinched and immediately whipped my hand away. I backed up and she crawled into the corner of Kaylie's room. What the hell...

"Luke, stop!" Kaylie groaned as he kept trying to grab her phone.

His face was painted with a devilish smile as he wiggled around for her phone.

"Amelia, catch!" Kaylie shouted as she threw the phone to me.

I grunted in surprise as her phone landed in my hands. Luke suddenly sprang on top of me and I shrieked in fear. Our faces were so close to each other and this just felt wrong.