ɴɪɴᴇ

ℕ𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟜, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚❦

Izzy groaned softly and fell onto my legs. "When's Bubba gonna be home?"

My shoulders shrugged. "I'm not sure."

"What's he even doing?" She asked.

"Well, he should be at school." I stated. "He could be doing something else though."

"Well, he better hurry up." She demanded.

I chuckled. "I don't know if I can do anything about it."

She looked up at me. "Why aren't you at school?" 

I pointed to my stomach. "I don't feel comfortable having my stomach poking out."

A small pout trailed onto her lips. "Why not?"

My shoulders shrugged lightly. "It's just what I feel comfortable with."

She sat up and hugged Beary into her arms. "Well, Bubba is really happy that he's gonna be a dad."

I smiled. "I know he is. That's all he's been talking about."

She nodded. "Yeah, and he said that he would be broken if something happened to you or his baby girl."

I felt my heart soften. "That's sweet."

A smile painted her little lips. "Mhm, he does love you. He wants to marry you."

I lightly chuckled. "I'm so sure."

"He does!" She sprung up. "That's his dream come true!"

"Okay, okay, okay," I laughed. "Calm down. Keep your brother's secrets to yourself."

She frowned. "Okay, sorry."

"It's okay," I reassured.

She sat back next to me and we heard the front door open. She immediately smiled and stood back up.

"Bubba!" She squealed as she ran out of her room.

I heard them talking downstairs, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. His footsteps quickly ran up the stairs and I heard Izzy's giggle bubble through the air. He came running in and gently threw Izzy on her bed.

I smiled and his eyes looked down at me. "Oh, hey."

"Hi," I replied.

He sat next to me. "Why are you here?"

"Your mom needed someone to watch Izzy."

"Ah," His tongue clicked. "I see."

"She's a better babysitter than you, Bubba!" Izzy joked while wrapping her arms around his neck.

He gasped in mock hurt. "How dare you!"

She laughed loudly and she clung to him tightly. He held her and looked back at me.

"Has she had her medicine yet?" He asked.

"No-" I tried to say, but Izzy cut me off.

"Yeah, I have." She corrected.

Luis's eyebrow raised. "I was asking Amelia, not you."

I chuckled. "No, she hasn't yet."

He frowned. "Izzy, remember that lying doesn't get you anywhere in life."

She sighed. "I know. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." He reassured. "Let's go do that quick, okay?"

"Okay..." She groaned.