War scribbled that down. "If it's a kill job automatic 50 grand. Recon job with distribution is 20 grand. If it's outta state add an extra 5 grand. An Alpha asking for a kill it's 80. Nick can tell you the rest of the prices for little shit but that's important. This is how we afford shit."

War wrote it down, but didn't feel comfortable even talking about the crap he didn't do anymore. "Look on your face says you don't wanna even think about killing. Who the fuck cares? You can't stomach it you have Leo handle it but you count his money every night. When you distribute the money you make sure everyone fills out their expense sheets. You know everyone here isn't as sweet as your damn mate. They see weakness they fucking pounce."

"The kid typed and is still typing out a ton of shit you're gonna need." That's why Nick looked ready to fall out earlier. Khan had him up all night typing information out.

"When are you leaving?"

"Tonight."

War stared at him in shock. Not too many things shocked or surprised him...but today was the day full of surprises. War didn't even want to speculate but his mind was going in a hundred different directions. "Are you in some type of...trouble?"

Khan let loose a laugh so loud and obnoxious War felt like clocking him. Here War was trying to care for someone who he could care less about and Khan was laughing. Like the asshole he was. "If I was in trouble you think I would leave my fucking home? I got a tip on where Jess is and sources say she's far so I'm taking my ass there and I have a few pit stops to make on the way."

War frowned. Mentioning Jess put him in a bad mood. It actually put him in a terrible mood. "You're really going to kill her? After all you been through with her?"

Jess and Khan were like two venomous snakes biting each other in the dark but if anyone else came after them they would kill the bastard and keep at their own game of toxicity. War remembered when Jess came to the pack. Khan had brought her. She was ready to fight everyone and everybody. She was a short fuse with a pretty face. Not much changed but she was nicer now..

"Yeah I fucking am and I'm not explaining shit to you. You're done with the paper work, Alpha War. Go celebrate and fuck your little mate." That was it?

War was expecting more. He knew Pomelia mentioned an alpha rite ceremony... "Don't tell me what I need to do with my mate," War growled out, watching Khan chuckle. "And we're not having a ceremony?"

Khan waved his hand in an odd gesture. "I dub thee Alpha. You fuck up my pack and I'll rip your heart out and eat it. That good enough?" War was more than a little pissed because he actually saw Khan become so infuriated that his wolf took over and he took a bite out of a man's heart.

"Fuck you."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Before you leave War, I have a question," Khan said while War stood up to his feet and crossed his arms over his chest, growling. "It's a serious one. Do you and your mate want kids?"

What kind of question was that? War felt nauseous and terrified at the proposition of a baby, but eventually he wanted to have kids. Pomelia would be a great mother. He would...work on being something that he never had.. "Yeah eventually."

Khan sighed out, loudly before taking his bottle of brown liquid and chugging most of it. He burped, wiped a hand over his face and then his golden eyes met War. "I know I'm not getting a mate and I figured hey why not knock some bitches up. At least I'll have some kids to pass down all the shit I have. I haven't been able to get anyone pregnant. Nobody."