Chapter 21

. . .

Sheila came back with the test. I was so relived that she got them.
"The instructions are on the back" she informs me.
I nod. "Thanks so much Sheila" I tell her.
"Yup. I'll wait outside" she says before walking out.
I take the test out of the box and read the instructions. Let's get this over with.

. . .

Sheila and I were pacing back and forth in front of the bathroom. We were waiting for the results. I was so nervous of what the results would be. Either Ross and I are parents or either we're not and it was just a false alarm.
"I'm so nervous" I admit to Sheila.
"It'll be alright Laura" she comforts me. "Ross will be thrilled when you're gonna have a baby"
"We don't know for sure Sheila"
"Please. I know how you two look at each other. You guys are in big time love and if you only had sex once then this isn't my natural hair colour" says Sheila.
I laugh a bit.
"Whatever"
Soon we heard a beep go off in the bathroom. We looked at the bathroom and back at each other and looking back at the bathroom.
"The.... results" I gulp.
"Go ahead Laura, don't worry"
I nod and shakily head inside the bathroom slowly. I've never been more nervous in my entire life. I grab the test from the counter and pick it with my shaky hands. It was pretty hard to read it since my hands were shaking. I finally manage to stop shaking and take a good look of the pregnancy test.

It was positive.

"S-S-Sheila" I stutter in pure shock.
Sheila walks in with an anxious look on her face.
"Well......" she trails waiting for me to answer.
I look at her.
"I'm a soon to be mother" I say.
She smiles widely jumping up and down happy.
"Oh my god! This is amazing! You and Ross having a little version of yourself! They'll be so cute!" she goes on and on and on.
"What if Ross doesn't want it?" I ask worriedly.
"Don't be silly, he'll love this surprise you have for him"
"You sure?"
"100%" she assures me with a smile.
I guess we just have to wait till Ross gets back.

. . .

Ross came back around 2 o'clock. I heard Sheila and him talking. I was in my room just wondering how Ross will take this big news I have ready for him. Literately, a growing human is living inside of me. The DNA of Ross and I. Oh wow. Suddenly my door creeks open and Ross's head pops in.
"Hey, Sheila said you had something to tell me" he says walking over to me and sits in front of me holding my hands.
I take a deep breathe looking at him in the eye.
"Ross" I begin. "I uh....." I stutter.
I just couldn't find the heart to say it.
"What is it Laura? You can tell me" he says.
I wish I could but my voice wasn't working with me. They couldn't say "We're parents". I got an idea. I take his hand and rest it on my stomach. I look at him and he looks at my stomach for a moment and then back at me with his pupils a little bigger than they usually are. I think he figured out what I was trying to say.
"Y-You're pregnant?" he ask.
I nod my head.
"We're parents Ross" I say with a shaky voice but with a small smile.
"You're gonna be a dad and I'm gonna be a mom"
He just looks at my stomach again taking it all in.

. . .

2 months have past now. Ross and I are planning to move out of Sheila's house and get a place of our own for now to hide in. I'm pretty sure Sheila's tired of us eating all of her food, especially me with this craving thing. I already gained like 15 pounds. I was on Sheila's laptop reading about how to be a parent. There was a lot of responsibility but I know Ross and I can do this as long as we do it together.
"Knock knock knock" I hear as Ross walks in.
I smile. "Hey baby"
He shuts the door and jumps on the bed sitting next to me. He looks at the screen and reads through it.
"Why are you reading a parenting website?" he ask.
"Just so I know on how to be a good parent to our baby" I say rubbing my stomach.
He smiles. "Well you don't have to worry because you're gonna be a great parent even without parenting books or websites" he compliments.
I smile. "Thanks Ross, that's sweet but I just want to make sure. I don't want our kid to have a chaotic life like we do"
He nods. "Yeah, I wouldn't want to either"
He leans down to my stomach and plants kisses on it rubbing my stomach and talking to the baby. He's been doing that ever since I've told him the news. I've never seen this big soft side of Ross before, I really like it though. And I really love him and later on, I'll love this baby boy or girl that we'll have.