Keith/BF x mute!reader

(Not a request, just something I thought of this morning. I have a little HC that Keith knows sign language, and uses it when he's not battling!)

Keith glanced around as he pushed open the door to the library, a small smile on his face. Whenever he wasn't busy, he would always come spend his time here as it wasn't super busy and didn't really have to talk to others. Besides, there was also someone he liked to see when he was here, and that was the librarian, Y/n. He hasn't actually interacted with them, yet, but he's seen them around the library often and has wanted to at least 'hello' to them, but just hasn't gathered up the courage to actually do so.

He sighed a bit as he went to his usual table, but froze as he saw you sitting there at his normal table, reading (book of choice) with a small smile on your face. Keith was about to look for another table to sit at, but accidentally bumped into a bookshelf and let out a small 'beep' in surprise as he did so, which caught your attention. You set your book down and waved at him, motioning for him to come sit at the table. Truth is, you've seen him around the library a lot as well, and you've wanted to interact with him, but you just hadn't been able to, for when you would try, someone or something would drag you away. However, now that you were not busy, as today was actually your day off, you decided that you were now going to at least get to know him or at the very least say hello.

Keith hesitantly walked over to the table, and sat down in the chair beside you. You smiled a bit and signed to him,

"Hello, my name is Y/n! I've seen you around quite a bit, so it's nice to finally meet you!" 

"You know sign language?!" 

"Of course I do! I am mute, after all."

"Oh, I'm sorry... Oh, right, my name's Keith!"

"It's nice to finally meet you. I'm actually surprised you know sign language, Keith"

"Well, I can talk, but it's in beeps and bops, so no one else can understand me when I talk. I only use my voice when I sing or when I'm in rap battles."

"You can sing? That's cool!" You smiled faintly as Keith nodded as a small blush rose to his cheeks. 

"Do you think I could hear you sing sometime?"

"You would want to hear me sing?"

"Of course! I would love to get to know you better, Keith."

"Really? I would like to get to know you as well, Y/n!"

"Then that settles it, you'll let me hear you sing sometime!" Keith chuckled a bit at your words and nodded.

"Yay!" You smiled and hugged him. Keith smiled faintly and hugged you back. You release each other from the hug and after 'talking' with Keith for a while, you pulled your phone out from your pocket and motioned for him to do the same, which he did. You handed him your phone and took his, putting your number into his phone, and vice versa.  

"Now we can talk more and even get to hang out more often!" You swore you saw Keith's eyes light up at the sound of that, which made you chuckle a bit.

"How about we get out of here and go get something to eat or something?" You suggested, standing up from the table. Keith nodded and let out a small 'beep' as if in agreement before he stood up, you both pushed your chairs in. You quickly put your book back in its proper place and went back to Keith.

"Alright, let's go!" you both walked out of the library, chatting away while on the walk to the nearby cafe.

You both knew this was going to be the start of an amazing friendship.