𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐅

Magsimula sa umpisa

"i'll have the spicy bulgogi along with the japchae and for the drinks, i would like pink lemonade. that's it. thank you." she smiled before handing over the menu to the waiter.

"i'll uh...i'll have the stir fried noodles and a coke. thanks." we handed the menus to the waiter and leaned back onto my chair. the waiter then bowed slightly and walked away from us.

"you really have to stop overworking yourself. you're the ceo for fuck sake, you shouldn't be doing that much work when you have employees to do it for you." she folded her arms and scowl in annoyance.

i sighed. "i'm fine irene. don't worry too much about me. i'll make full use of the employees at the right timing." i reassured her and gave her a soft smile.

"ugh fine. anyways, have you found anyone that caught your eyes ?" she smirked and wiggled her eyebrows teasingly.

"nope. no lover, sex partner or crushes. not planning on having one anytime soon." i answered nonchalantly.

"your life must be really boring. i bet you read books and play chess during your free time." she rolled her eyes and leaned back onto her chair.

"hey ! i may be boring but i'm not that boring. do you think i'm smart and patient enough to read books and play chess ?" i scoffed.

"which is why i decided to spice your life up a little by setting you up to a blind date." my eyes widened seeing how she was proudly smiling to herself.

"what do you mean blind date ?!?! this better be some sick joke you made up irene."

"uh...let's say it wasn't. what will you do ?" she asked with a nervous look present on her face.

"irene, did you seriously set me up to a blind date ?"

"okay yes i did ! and so what if i did ? you're getting yourself a little treat after the date, wouldn't be so bad for you right ?" she tried to reasoned but that only made me more mad.

"irene, i swear to god i will kill you and your dog if you ever pull something like this again without letting me know in advance." i threatened her lowly. she visibly gulped nervously and frantically nodded her head in response.

there was a moment of silence until the food had arrived. i opened the can of coke and poured the drink into the cup filled with ice. i then drank the coke till it was empty and filled more coke into the cup.

"at least now you won't be lonely anymore." she spoke up quietly with her head slightly down.

"and what if this date of mine is a serial killer ? or a psycho ? or a kidnapper or-"

i was then cut off when a chuckle was heard from irene. "are you hearing yourself y/n ? you're worrying too much."

"if the date turns out really bad, i'm going to fire you." i threatened her.

"and if it turns out really good. you're gonna raise my pay and give me a promotion. deal ?" she brought out her hand for me to shake. i shook her hand closing off the deal.

"so when is this date ?"

"uhm...tonight..." she nervously answered not making eye contact with me.