Chapter 3

Putting his thoughts aside, Mason walked through the hallway to the dining room along with Jadon, who was giving him bitter glances from time to time. Since he knew that the villain was not the nicest person originally, he didn't give any regard to his actions.

Nevertheless looking back into the memories of the villain, he had thrown temper tantrums once in a while unlike his brothers but other than that he had never really caused any huge problems. He also deduced that the vilain was already desperate for his father's attention. Since his mother died while giving birth to Mason, he had never received his mother's love. And somewhere in the middle of all this, his brothers had substantiated him as the murderer of their lovely mother.

"The villain really had it hard, that's why they say 'a villain is just a victim whose story hasn't been told', sad indeed"

Arriving at the dining room for breakfast, Mason once again realized the power of the novel world. There were four ridiculously tall and good looking men sitting at the breakfast table. They were conversing with each other and made a beautiful image of a happy family.

One of the handsome men noticed Mason and suddenly stopped talking, with which the silence of the other three followed. All of a sudden facing the four of them, Mason felt embarassed and blushed.

"Uhm, good morning, Father, first brother, second brother and third brother." Mason awkwardly greeted.

"Sit down" the man with a domineering aura, Duke Rodolite said.

Mason went and sat down, almost habitually next to his third brother. He struggled to get on the chair a little, before he suceeded. And when he saw all of dishes on the table, he couldn't help salivating.

After his parents death, Mason couldn't afford good meals everyday. His aunt was nice, but she had her own family to feed too. Thus, he always ate only half of what his stomach demanded, which made him thin and weak but he could still hold on. After he moved out of his aunt's place, the only thing he could think of was making ends meet somehow. He skipped his meals a large number of times and barely ate, which made him too sad to look at. This was the reason his aunt always gave him as much money as she could during special occasions.

Realizing how its been a long time since he ate a good meal, Mason started to feast on the food. Eventhough he is a noble, he is still a child so nothing would've seemed out of place. But this was Mason Williams Rodolite who was wolfing down the food, the Mason who was always picky since he was a child. Even the four people on the table seemed shocked for a moment, before they regained their calm front.

While eating his fill, Mason suddenly felt nauseous. He tried his best to suppress his nausea when abruptly he started feeling dizzy. His speed of consuming the delicious food slowed down. His body didn't want to eat anymore but his mind which contained years of starvation did.

After eating one last spoonful, he stopped eating and glanced upward. The others were still eating in silence. So, Mason just decided to wait for them to finish while fighting his dizziness.