Klaus winked at Esmeray before reciting, "Just your blood and your blessing. Where are you going?"

"Out," said Rebekah, as if she didn't want Esmeray to know what she was up to. She left, and Esmeray shrugged, looking over to where Finn and Sage were still locked in an embrace.

Klaus's strategy had worked. Within minutes, Finn decided to relent, and gave Esmeray his blood before he led Sage out of the house. The Original hybrid came to stand over Esmeray's shoulder as she set all the vials of blood off to the side, smoothing out a parchment where she'd written the names of the five siblings in Nordic runes. She set candles down to hold the paper in place, lighting them with a wave of her hands. She stood and went to burn some sage and cedar by the fireplace, rubbing her hands together a few times and humming before taking a bowl, and slowly pouring the vials in, one by one, starting with Finn, and continuing down to Rebekah, in the order the siblings were born in.

"A disclaimer," said Esmeray, "this isn't in the same language your mother used. I tried to strengthen the spell by grounding it in the languages that I performed spells in, amplifying my own power."

"Not to worry, love, I trust you'll carry it out just fine," he told her. She ignored the blush rising to her face and cleared her throat, holding up the bowl and murmuring one spell softly to mix the blood before she poured it onto the parchment, making a pool of it in the center.

"Koble fra syskon blod," chanted Esmeray, "gratis losrive absolvisti. Fjerne bort lank ta tilknytning, sosken sanguis lossa afbinde. Koble fra syskon blod, gratis losrive absolvisti. Fjerne bort lank ta tilknytning, sosken sanguis lossa afbinde..."

Klaus watched as little by little, the initial pool of blood started to have smaller pieces breaking off. The first circle to detach itself had gone to hover over Finn's name. The second, to Elijah's. And so on, until only a small circle in the center remained. It scooted off to settle over where Rebekah's name was written, making the candles flare up. Esmeray whistled lowly, a clear note that made the candles go out, and made the sage and cedar cease to burn.

"It's done," she said happily, waving her hands to have the materials clean themselves up for once. "And right on time, too..." she peered down at her phone, seeing a text from Caroline asking her to meet her at the Salvatore House.

She didn't know that Caroline had been instructed to keep Esmeray occupied so that the others could try and kill one of the Originals. And the others didn't know that Esmeray had just finished unlinking them.

"I'm going to see Caroline," Esmeray told Klaus, gathering her things and taking them to her room. "I'll be back later. For now, let your brothers know they're safe."

"Thank you, love," he told her, stopping at her door as she grabbed a jacket for herself. "Have fun."

She smiled appreciatively at him before walking out, deciding she wanted to walk all the way to the Salvatore House so she could at least do some exercise.

Caroline wasn't alone. Apparently, she was babysitting Alaric, because they weren't sure if Bonnie's spell had worked completely, and they didn't want him to murder everyone on accident.

"Oh, hello," said Esmeray awkwardly. "What's this about?"

"Just to hang out," said Caroline, patting the seat beside her. On the little table between the couches of the living room, she'd prepared several different types of drinks. Esmeray was fine getting herself a CapriSun. "How have you been? It feels like it's been forever since we've seen you."

"I've been fine," said Esmeray, slipping the straw of her drink into the pouch. "How do you feel, Alaric?"

"Somewhat better, but again, we don't know if the spell really... worked," he said, shrugging. "We just have to see if I start killing people again."