𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝐹𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑟

Dustin ran to the shelf, grabbed a book, commanded everyone to meet in the kitchen, and dropped the book. THUD!

"The Mind Flayer," Dustin spoke up, everyone was surrounding the table, they needed this important information for what they were about to face.

"The hell is that?" Hopper vociferated.

"It's a monster from an unknown dimension," Dustin indicated, "It's so ancient that it doesn't even know it's true home. It enslaves races by taking over their brains with its highly developed, cryonic powers."

"Oh my god, this isn't real, it's just a kids' game," Hopper huffed.

"No, I-it's a," Dustin stuttered, "a manual, And it's not for kids. Unless you know something, that we don't, this is the best metaphor."

"Analogy," Lucas corrected.

"Analogy? That's what you're worried about!" Dustin shouted at him, he seemed really stressed which is something Y/N hasn't seen. "Fine, analogy. For understanding, whatever the hell this is-"

"Chill Dustin, you don't need yell-" Y/N told him.

"Okay, so this Mind Flamer thing," Nancy started making Y/N a little upset about interrupting her.

"Flayer, Mind Flayer," Dustin corrected.

She furrowed her eyebrows and sighed, "Okay, what does it want?"

"It wants to conquer us, basically. It thinks it's the master rift."

"Like, the, uh, the Germans," Steve replied incorrectly, Y/N nudged him.

"I think you mean the Nazis," She implied.

"Yeah, yeah, the Nazis," Steve stuttered, watching over the eyes laid upon them.

"Ugh....If the Nazis from another dimension, uh, if it used our races, like us," Dustin tried his best, but Hopper seemed to not buy it. "They would use as inferior to itself."

"It wants to spread and take over the dimensions," Mike prompted.

"We are talking about the destruction of our world as we know it," Lucas mentioned.

"That's great, that's great, that's really great. Jesus,"Steve sarcastically walked away from the group.

"Get back here," Y/N commanded as she waved him over.

"Okay so if this is the brain, that's controlling everything," Nancy stated as she grabbed the book. "If we kill it-"

"We kill everything it controls," Y/N answered, receiving agreements.

"We win."

"Theoretically."

Hopper walked over to Nancy and held his rifle, "Alright, so how do we kill this thing? Do you shoot it with fireballs or something?"

"No, no, no fireballs," Dustin answered, "Uh, you summon an undead army... like zombies because...zombies don't have brains a-and the mind Flayer I-it l- likes brains. It's just a game."

Hopper looked absolutely bored out of his mind and dropped the book. "The hell are we doing here?"

"I thought we were waiting for your military backup!" Dustin snapped at him.

"We are!" He yelled.

"But even if they come, how are they going to stop this?" Mike confirmed, "You can't just shoot this with guns."

"You don't know that!" Hopper demanded, "We don't know anything!"

"We know it's already killed everybody in that lab," Mike told him.