5- Tomorrow's another day

Around 1:30 pm we were getting hungry and so we got dressed and went downstairs to get something to eat. When we got to the kitchen I spotted a red head at the table. She was looking away from us, out the door. I took Jefferson's hand and pointed at her with a look that said 'who is that?' He smiled and said: ''Ariel, I would like you to meet my wife Alice.'' The red head turned around startled and looked at us with bright blue green eyes. ''Alice this is Ariel, you remember when I told you about the mermaid that saved me and helped me acquire the special ink, a witch needed. Well that's her.''

I gave her a big smile then turned to Jefferson and gave him a light peck on the lips. I then let go of his hand and went to take a seat beside her. ''I'll go make us some lunch.'' He said and disappeared in the kitchen. Then we started talking about our life before the curse and she seemed like she did not want to talk much about hers. Maybe something painful happened to her like when I got separated from Jefferson and our daughter or like when my sister died or so I thought. She didn't seem to mind that I talked a lot, in fact she seemed relieved. I was telling her about my worries about seeing Grace again since she was 2 years old when we got separated and now Jefferson tells me she's 10.

''Don't worry I'm sure that when she'll see you she'll be overjoyed to get both of her parents back.'' She said smiling warmly.

''Seitan souvlaki gyro with tzatziki sauce. I hope you don't mind vegan food, Ariel.'' Said Jefferson as he stepped out of the kitchen with 2 plates in his hands, that he set in front of Ariel and me. Yum.

''What's vegan food?'' She the asked confused.

He gave her a warm smile and answered: ''It's food that doesn't come from animals.''

''Oh, yeah, sure it's fine.'' She replied. He then went back in the kitchen to get himself a plate. Once he came back he situated himself in front of me and we gazed into each others eyes. Once we were done eating Jefferson showed Ariel which room she will stay in for as long as she liked and he gave her some clothes that he bought when he kidnapped me. She changed into a pair of blue skinny jeans and an emerald green satin blouse. Once that was over with, we showed her how to work the TV, radio, microwave, shower and how the fridge worked as well as many other electronics and appliances.

''So are you going to be okay for a while?'' I asked her concerned.

''Sure, don't worry about me go and get your daughter back.'' She said smiling encouragingly.

I grabbed my husband's hand and said: ''Shall we?'' He gave me a small smile.

''Let's.'' We then left out the door, hand in hand, ready to get our little girl back. We got into his turquoise car and started to make our way towards the school, when suddenly a hat flew on the windshield. Jefferson braked and the car swiveled into a pole.

My head made contact with the dashboard. It was throbbing, I brought my hand to my forehead, it came back with a little blood so I must have a small cut. I turned to look at Jefferson, he appeared dizzy but otherwise intact. ''Are you alright?'' I asked him concerned.

''Yeah, just dizzy, you?'' He turned his head towards me. ''Oh my god, you're bleeding.''

He said as he unbuckled his seat belt and reached forward with his hands, I took it in my hands and said: ''I'm fine it's just a small cut…'' I didn't get to finish my train of thoughts since David Nolan opened Jefferson's door.

''Are you okay?'' David asked my husband. He nodded and David took his hands and pulled him out of the car. ''Good that means we can talk.'' I unbuckled my seat belt and followed them. David didn't seem to notice I was there till we reached Granny's and I sat beside Jefferson, in front of David. ''Elysa want are you…?''

I cut him off saying: ''It's Alice actually and I was in the car with him, with my husband.'' I said taking his hand.

David seemed shocked but then it appeared he remembered why he brought Jefferson here in the first place and took out what looked like my husband's hat but massacred, it was crushed and had big holes everywhere. ''Can you get me through?''

''No.'' Jefferson said with a sigh.

''Can you get them back?''

''Um, get who back?'' I asked confused.

''Emma and Mary-Margaret, they fell into the hat while we were getting rid of the wraith.'' What my sister disappeared, again, before I got reunited with her. I was stunned. David then turned back to Jefferson and asked: ''Can you get it to work?''

At those words my husband got a mad smile, the kind the March hare would get in Wonderland and replied: ''If you only knew.''

David said: ''I know they're out there somewhere in the enchanted forest or a void I don't even know but I'm going to get them back.''

''They're in the enchanted forest, that's for sure. I just can't get there.''

David was stunned for a moment then asked: ''It still exists?''

''It exist, I don't know if that matters since we can't go there.''

''So you won't help me.'' David stated.

''I'm a portal jumper and you destroyed my portal so your out of luck.'' David took him by his shirt.

I finally snapped out of it and said: ''We'll help you find a way to get them back.'' David let go of him and turned his attention to me. ''I would very much like to get my sister and niece back.'' This shocked the both of them. Guess Snow didn't tell him about me, and since it was painful for me to talk about her, since I thought she was dead, I never went into details with Jefferson including her name.

Jefferson was about to say something when Ruby came running to our table and said: ''David, Regina has Henry. She's threatening everyone.''

He seemed to snap out of it and said standing up: ''She has Henry?''

Ruby continued with: ''She showed up at your town meeting, the one you missed. Her magic's back. Everyone's panicking. They want to leave town. They're going to lose everything.''

''Ok, ok. But I have to talk to them first, they're my only hope to get Emma and Snow back.'' He said referring to us.

''Back to what this town is about to come apart. You've got to do something.''

''Go, David. There's not much we can do at the moment but if you ever need us we live in the big mansion on the hill. 316 Mirror street.''

He gave us a grateful smile and left with Ruby. Jefferson turned to me with questioning blue eyes. ''So you're 'dead' sister is Snow White?''

''Well you've read the tale. You know when the huntsman said he had Snow's heart that's when I heard their conversation and flee the castle. But since she's alive, we'll help David won't we?''

''Of course.'' He told me with soft eyes. ''In anyway we can.'' He then leaned in and gave me a sweet kiss. We then stood up and made our way towards the school. Once we got there it was empty. No one was there. Jefferson looked at the time on his pocket watch. Oh, that pocket watch. He gave a small snicker and said: ''Well guess we're too late. We'll try again tomorrow, ok?'' He appeared relieved I wonder why.

''I guess so.'' I said a little disappointed.

''Shhh, shhh, don't be sad.'' He said, lifting up my chin with his hand. ''We'll get her back.''

''Yeah, I know. It's just… it's been so long. You know?''

''Yeah.'' He touched his forehead to mine. ''I know.'' He took my hand and led me away from the school. ''Let's go to Granny's, I'm starving.''

After a nice supper at Granny's, we got back home and before going to bed I went to check on Ariel. She was sleeping peacefully and so I left and went to bed with Jefferson. It was hard falling asleep that night because I was so scared but excited at the prospect of seeing my daughter again. So it took a while before I fell asleep but eventually I did.