Chapter 20

As Naruto was trying to separate the waterfall, Kakashi was reading on a bench Tenzo made for him while Tenzo and I were getting tired, trying to suppress the nine tailed chakra. Whenever Tenzo ran out of chakra, I had to go to him and give him some of mine.

"Ouch, it's freezing!" Tenzo said. My hands were on his back and I was giving him my chakra but the problem was that it would be cold for him since I had to use a little bit of my power. I can only do it like that, I've never learned medical jutsu so only my powers can help.

"Hey, Kakashi! You lazy ass, maybe you should help us, no?" I yelled.

"What can I do though?" He asked.

"I don't know, maybe you could bring us some food. We're losing chakra over here and food would help us a lot, thank you very much." He sighed and summoned a clone, "No, no. Don't send a clone, just do it yourself, you lazy ass!" He sighed again and left.

A few minutes later he came back with two ramen cups and they were still hot. I left Tenzo and grabbed one of the cups. Since he couldn't leave his place I decided to help him eat by feeding him. I sat in front of him and grabbed the chopsticks.

"Say ahhh." I said, holding the chopsticks with ramen. He got really flustered and I laughed. "Why are you embarrassed? You can't move so someone had to feed you and we know Kakashi wouldn't do that." He closed his eyes and opened his mouth. Then, I stuffed a bunch of ramen in his mouth, making him choke.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I chuckled, embarrassed.

"It's fine, just please don't be too aggressive." I finished giving him the ramen and went to eat mine. I sat next to Kakashi, who was reading, and licked my lips while looking at the ramen. I was so hungry.

"Next stop, my tummy!" I slurped the noodles and moaned in satisfaction. Kakashi chuckled next to me. I finished all the ramen and sighed. "That was delicious. Thank you for buying it, Kakashi." I said, looking at him. He smiled under his mask.

Kakashi P.O.V.

I came back with the food (Y/n) asked for. I knew she wanted ramen so that's what I brought. She took one of the cups and sat in front of Tenzo.

'What the hell is she doing?'

She grabbed the chopsticks and I realized what she was going to do. I have to admit, I felt so jealous. She should be feeding me, not Tenzo. Then, she put too much food in his mouth he started to choke. That was hilarious.

I decided to read my book, I didn't want to watch (Y/n) feeding Tenzo. After a while, she sat next to me and grabbed the other ramen cup.

"Next stop, my tummy!" She said and I chuckled. When she finished she thanked me for giving her the food and watched Naruto training. A few minutes later, I felt something heavy on my shoulder. (Y/n) fell asleep on it.

'So cute.' I blushed. She looked so peaceful and beautiful. Her lips looked so soft and... kissable.

'Control yourself, Kakashi! You're better than this!'

Suddenly, she started moving and groaning. She kept saying 'no' over and over. She was panting and I saw a tear rolling down her face. I began to panic and tried to wake her up but it wasn't working. Naruto and Tenzo must have noticed because they were coming to us.

"Kakashi sensei, stop. It's useless." Naruto said, grabbing my arm. "(Y/n) sensei is having a nightmare again. Pervy sage told me that she has them at least once a week but she never remembers them. We shouldn't tell her about them."

"When did this start?" I asked.

"Pervy sage told me it was since a friend of hers passed away. I think it was a boy called Obiro? Or maybe Oribo? Something like that."

I looked at her. She stopped moving but now she was crying. I told Naruto to go back to training and I hugged her while she slept. She was always so positive yet she was still suffering inside.

'From now on, I'm not letting you suffer alone. I'm always going to be here for you like you've been there for me.'

I hugged her tighter and only let her go when she stopped crying. I cleaned her face with my sleeve and put my jacket on her so she wouldn't feel cold. After that, I went back to reading but checking up on her from time to time.

...
(time skip to a few days later)

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I was with Sakura at Ichiraku ramen. She wanted to talk to me about something and I figured that it wouldn't be that bad if I missed training for one day. I was waiting for her to start talking since she was the one who invited me to eat and talk. The ramen was done so I began to eat it.

"Sensei, have you ever been in love?" She spoke. I drank water and nodded.

"I have. I was ten when I realized I was in love. I know, it was a pretty early age for love but he was... different." I sighed.

"Can you tell me about him?" She asked.

"Well, he was my best friend since I was like eight. We'd always hang out together and mess around with everyone. We even got to stay in the same team."

"What happened then, do you still talk to him?"

"He...passed away." She gasped and apologized. I didn't really mind that question, I just didn't want to think about it. "It's alright, don't worry about it."

"Do you still think about him, sensei?"

"Yeah, I do. Everyday." We stayed silent again for a while. "So, is there someone you're in love with?" When I asked that she blushed. Of course I already knew the answer but I wanted to know what she would say.

"Yeah..."

"Is it Sasuke?" She got a little flustered and depressed at the same time. I realized I shouldn't have asked that. If Naruto gets all depressed whenever he hears his name, I can't imagine how Sakura feels. "Is there something wrong?"

"Is it right for me to like him? I mean, he left us and went with Orochimaru... I just... I don't know if what I feel about him is something I should be happy or even proud of."

"Listen, love isn't easy. Most of the time, when someone is in love they overthink everything. That's what you're doing right now.  Sasuke is too blinded by revenge and anger, he pushes away all kinds of feelings except for anger and he's going to do that for a long time. The question here is, are you ready to accept that? No one can tell you what's right or wrong about love because no one really knows. You just have to accept your feelings for that person and be ready for everything and I mean everything. What I'm trying to say is that when you love someone, you know how bad they can be, the bad things they've done...but you still love them. So I can't tell you if you loving Sasuke is wrong because it's not your fault you fell in love with him. And it's not your fault he did what he did, if it's really love, those feelings aren't going to go away that easily. Just accept those feelings and ignore what everyone says."

"Thank you, sensei. That actually helped me." She gave me a small hug and left. I was about to leave too when Shikamaru came to me.

"Hey, Shikamaru, you're back from your mission!" I exclaimed.

"Sensei, there's something I have to tell you." I frowned. I didn't like those words and how sad he looked.

"What is is?" I asked.

"Asuma sensei...is dead."

...