Chapter 9

"You're late" Kakashi scolded, " You're a ninja, you're supposed to be on time whenever you go on a mission."

"Whatever." Obito said.

"Okay, since we're all here, let's get going!" Minato exclaimed.

...

"As of today, Kakashi and (Y/n) are jonin, just like me." Minato announced. We were walking on a field, on our way to do the mission.

"Remember, Obito? We talked about this the other day," Rin said, "When we discussed getting presents for them."

"Oh my god, you guys got us presents?" I gasped, "You didn't have to, really, but thanks!"

"Oh no." Obito murmured.

"What's wrong, Obito?" I asked.

"Shoot, I completly forgot about your present at home! I'm so sorry, (Y/n)! Please forgive me, I know you love presents!" He looked so scared, like I was going to eat him or something.

"Don't worry about it, as long as you give it to me when we come back." I grinned, "So, what did you guys get for us?"

"Well, I got you both these custom made kunais,"Minato said, "They're a little heavy and unconvetional, but you'll get used to them quickly." He gave us the kunais and I put it in my bag.

"I got you both this!" Rin took two boxes from her bag, "Here! Two personalized med kits for you two. I just adjusted a few things to make it easier to use." 

"Thank you." Kakashi said.

"Thank you so much, Rin" I hugged her. Kakashi turned to look at Obito.

"What are you looking at?" Obito asked. They stared at each other for a while. I got in between them so they would stop and move on.

"Obito probably forgot about your present too." I lied. I knew Obito didn't get him anything.

"But I didn't-" Obito whispered in my ear but before he could finish talking, I stomped on his foot and put a huge smile on my face. "Let's just keep walking, we don't want to be late!"

...

"This is where we go our separate ways." Minato told us. We were in a bamboo forest and Minato made Kakashi our team leader while he was gone. I was a bit jealous but, after I overheard Minato talking about Kakashi's past to Obito, I decided not to say anything.

"Let's get going...Captain." Obito said. Everyone looked a little surprised but, to be honest, I wasn't. I know Obito. He didn't look satisfied though but I knew that he was just embarrassed.

After walking for a while, we got to this small river and some ninjas tried to attack us. Obito used his fireball jutsu to melt the weapons they threw at us but we couldn't see the attackers, until we saw a bamboo breaking and a man showed up. He and Kakashi started to throw kunais at each other and suddently we heard a scream. 

'Rin!'

We looked behind and another man was holding her like a bag as a big puff of smoke appeard before we could do anyhting. When it was gone, both men were out of sight.

"Damn!" Me and Obito started to run but Kakashi stopped us.

"What? I'm not leaving her behind!" I argued.

"Us three will continue the mission." Kakashi ordered.

"Are you fucking insane?" I yelled at him.

"We can't do that!" Obito yelled louder than me. 

"I'm not listening to you, I'm going after her no matter what you say!" I started running on the direction the men went. For some reason, Obito stayed to argue with Kakashi. Maybe he thought we could be more successful if Kakashi came. Let's hope for the best.

Okay, I'm gonna end this chapter here because I'm going to write a lot in the next chapter. Prepare your tissues, it's gonna be sad, as you all know.

Untill next chapter!