Moved

Narrator Pov~ 

Layla pushes through the front door of the big house from her mother's childhood. She doesn't know much about her mother, other then she loved Photography and still does. 

"This place is creepy" she pauses "I like it, but mom why did we have to move?" Layla says looking around and swipes her finger across a table collecting dust. She blows it off and continues to look around

"Mom has told you multiple times stop asking!!" Kayla rolls her eyes and slams the front door behind her. Jayla jumps back from the noise.

"Kayla! PTSD! Ugh remember loud noises freak me out" Jayla yells at Kayla

"Yeah yeah, you're the reason Dad's in jail" Kayla starts walking up the stairs completely ignoring what Jayla said 

"STOP YOU TWO!" Lydia yells at the two kids 

"Whatever, I'm picking out my room first" Kayla may sound like a brat but deep down she is hurting from having to leave her friends and losing her father. Lydia's ex husband kidnapped Jayla few months back and ended up in jail. Jayla wasn't hurt but still gets scared because of the event. Kayla was the closest to her father so it was tough on her, Father's little girl. Jayla was considered a Mama's boy. Then there is Layla who only had her best friend, who passed away in a car accident right after her father got convicted. Emily (yes I know this was Lydia's moms name that's part of the reason why her name is Emily) was more then just a friend to Layla. They secretly loved each other but Emily's parents found out and didn't approve.

Layla slowly made her way upstairs and looked into a room. Kayla already started to unpack, when she saw Layla she closed her door right in her face. Then she starts moving down the hall and sees another room with Jayla in it. He seems to be in his video game.

"Get out Layla please" Jayla says looking up from his game. Layla closed his door. 

She makes it to another room, she opens the door. The room looked like a funeral, her type of stuff.

"Hey mom is this your old room!!" Layla yells down the hall. 

"Oh dear it is, doesn't look like your grandfather changed it. It's all yours" Lydia says to her daughter peeking into her childhood room. The only room with a balcony too. 

"Thank you, Mother" Layla smiles a bit and unzips her backpack and pulls out a hoodie and squeezes it tight. A tear strolls down her face as she buries her head into the hoodie taking in it's smell. 

"Mmm... Emily, I wish you were here" she pulls the hoodie over her head and grabs a Monster Energy drink from her backpack opening it and taking a sip. She over heard her mom upstairs, who is gonna stay in her dad's old room... and Delia's. Lydia never liked Delia and still doesn't and Layla despises her. 

Lydia looks around and remembers when she found out her father and Delia has been sneaking around with each other. She shivers it off and forgets about it.

Ring

"Hey Amira" Layla answers her phone sniffling

"How's the new house?" Amira a friend of both Emily and Layla asks over the FaceTime call

"It's alright, I'm gonna go explore wanna come with?" Layla stands up zipping up her backpack

"Well yeah! You wearing her hoodie?" 

"Mhm, I miss her... a lot." Layla looks down and shakes her head. She grabs her phone and heads  up some stairs. She wiggles the doorknob but it doesn't seem to budge.

"It's locked, I'm gonna get in somehow. I feel like something interesting is in that room" Layla gets an idea

"Wait! My mom must have a key and I'm in her old room."