XI

Wave and Pang are in their dorm, sorting out the application papers for Student Council.

"Why are we doing this again?" Wave questioned while reading the 5th boring speech in a row.

"Since I'm Head Student and President of the Student Council, and you're Vice President, we need to read applications to choose people that can meet the requirements," Pang responded, as he threw another application in the trash.

"Pang?"

"Yes?"

"Are you really going to give up?"

Silence entered their room for a moment, Wave saw Pang thinking like he was trying to figure out what to say.

"I believe in them, they'll continue the plan. For now, I need to act like a puppet that can be controlled easily."

Wave nodded and turned back to his pile. After a couple of minutes, he started getting a headache again.

"Shit.." Wave whispered, as he got up and went to sit down on his bed, holding his head with his hand. Pang got up and went to get Wave a glass of water, knowing that Wave was probably dehydrated.

"Thanks." Wave said to him, while he was handed the cup. Pang sat down next to him and put his arm around his shoulder.

"What if they fail? What would we do then Pang?"

"We would try to survive until graduation if that happens."

"You really sound like you've given up."

"I haven't but we have a poison in our bodies remember? I can't fight again without making sure both of us are completely healthy too."

Wave just nodded at the response and placed the cup on his nightstand. Pang brought Wave closer to him, as they sat in silence. Not knowing what might happen to them in the next week is terrifying, but at least they have each other to get through it.