III

Wave was in the kitchen, making some noodles for Pang and him to share. He's not usually soft like this, but Pang has been working constantly and he wants to give him a break.

"Wave, what are you doing?" Jack asked

"I'm trying to make some noodles for Pa- I mean I'm making something to eat. Why?" Wave recovered his statement. If they find out his real intentions then he'll never hear the end of it.

"You? Wave? Cooking? Didn't we ban you from cooking because you set Punn's kitchen on fire?" Jack retorted.

"That was one time and Ohm distracted me. I can cook, I'm an amazing cook." Wave protested as he placed the noodles in the pan.

Not even 5 seconds later, smoke started coming out of the pan.

"Wave...I don't think smoke should be coming out of the pan like that." Jack questioned

"It's fine Jack, don't worry about it. Everything is going to be fi-"

The pan started bursting with flames before Wave could even finish his sentence.

"What do we do? What do we do? What do we do?" Jack panicked, pacing back and forth along the island.

"Can't you send telepathic messages to Jo?" Wave sassed at him.

"Well yeah, of course, we can."

"Then DO THAT SO HE CAN SEND HELP FOR US?!" Wave screamed at him while trying to calm the fire with water, without realizing that it's just making it worse.

"OKAY! You don't need to fucking yell!"

-----

Wave pouted as he watched Pang put out the fire with a fire extinguisher.

"Next time, just order take out if you want to impress me," Pang said as he put the extinguisher back in its place.

"But I wanted to do something for you to make you feel important." Wave started, while looking at the floor, "You're always pushing yourself...and I wanted to make you take a breath because I care about your mental health."

"Who knew you could be such a sweetheart?" Pang spoke, while he ruffled Wave's hair affectionately.

"I'm still here you know, stop being all lovey-dovey, it's disgusting." Jack interrupted.

Wave went on his tiptoes to give Pang a kiss - which Pang happily obliged too - while showing his middle finger to Jack.