II

"If you don't trust us, that's your call, but you should trust Pang. Who knew you had a sweet side in that personality of yours." Pang quoted while playing on his phone.

"Ai Pang! Stop bringing it up." Wave whined, burying his head into Pang's pillow.

It's after the mission, and everyone went to their dorms to rest for tomorrow. Wave was in Pang's dorm (soon to be his dorm as well if their plan succeeds) and was thinking about the events that led up to this day. What they were doing was almost suicidal, and they don't even know what the outcome would be afterward.

Pang stopped playing his game and went to join Wave on the bed. "Stop overthinking Wave, it won't help your nerves."

"I'm not overthinking."

"Yes you are"

"No, I'm not"

"Yes you are"

"No, I'm no-"

"You're mumbling. You only do that when you're anxious about something."

"Fuck you."

Pang just chuckled as he brought Wave into a bear hug. "I love you too, you little wizard."

"Pang...what if we lose, and the Director erases our memories?"

Pang stayed silent for a moment, and Wave thought he might've said something to make him upset.

"One of us will always remember...one of us will bring the other back because we are a team, correct?" Pang replied, placing a kiss on Wave's forehead.

Wave melted into the touch, and just looked up at the ceiling.

"I trust you, Pang."

"I trust you to Wave."

Whatever happens to them tomorrow will happen. They just have to believe that they can get through it together.