However, instead of his adorable little sister, he was met with a tall girl, about the same height as him. When she turned her head, he got a good look at her face, and let out a shocked, "Sarada?"

Sarada turned towards him, glaring. "What do you want?" Stunned into silence, Boruto didn't answer, staring into Sarada's eyes. What used to be deep, obsidian orbs, were bright blue, cerulean eyes.

The boy turned away from her. What the hell is going on? Silently, Boruto picked at his food, barely glancing at his father when he slid into the chair next to him. For a few minutes, breakfast was spent in silence, Naruto sneaking worried looks at him.

"What did you do this time, dobe?" A man's body emerged from the master bedroom. Boruto's mouth dropped open as he saw Sasuke walk out in a T-shirt and grey sweatpants. He had never seen the man so casually dressed before.

His father winced from beside him. "I don't know! He was just all quiet like this when he woke up! He was complaining about his hair too!" Sasuke rolled his eyes at him. "Sure."

Meanwhile, Boruto had just recovered from his state of shock. Without thinking, he blurted out, "Uncle Sasuke what is going on? Why are you in our house?"

That got him quite a variation of looks. Sarada glanced at him with confusion apparent on her face. Naruto looked surprised at his outburst, and was eyeing him curiously. However, Sasuke's eyes were blown open with shock.

A small smile came onto the older raven's face, and he let out a light laugh. "I guess it worked, then. Welcome back, Boruto." Realization crossed over Naruto's face, and his head whipped around to stare at his son.

"Wait seriously? Sasuke wasn't bullshitting about that?" The other man walked up to him and swatted his head. "Of course I wasn't dobe." Sarada awkwardly watched the situation unravel, slowly getting up from out of her chair.

"Not sure what's going on here, but I'm going to meet up with the others. Inojin got a pet cat and I'm dying to see it." With that, Sarada got up and left the house. Naruto grinned and launched himself at Boruto, encasing him in a bone crushing hug.

"I can't believe you're alive!" Boruto grinned. "Yea, me neither. I thought it was all a dream." Sasuke snorted at him. "Is that why you thought your hair was dyed?" The young boy nodded. "Yea, my hair was blonde in the past."

Naruto nodded in amusement. Sasuke smiled from next to him, before sighing and sitting down in Sarada's chair. "I suppose you have many questions." Boruto beamed, pushing away his plate. Tell me everything!"

And so the couple launched into the tale of Sakura's new medical proposition, and how they used it so that the two men would be able to have kids, and hopefully bring Boruto back.

Sakura had volunteered to be the bearer of the baby, saying that it was the least she could do for the two. However, she did demand that the two men cater to her every wish while pregnant. Begrudgingly, the couple agreed.

Not long later Tsunade had told them they were having twins, a boy and a girl. Naruto had spun in joy, crushing both Sasuke and Tsunade with hugs. (He had tried to do the same with Sakura, but she reminded him with a fist that she was still very much pregnant.)

Later on, when the time came for choosing names, Boruto was the obvious choice for the boy. Not only had he saved Naruto's life, Sasuke was still hoping that he would be the same Boruto that showed up out of nowhere a while ago.

Sakura agreed that the boy would be named Boruto, but then immediately claimed her rights as the bearer of the kids to choose the name for the girl, and the couple agreed, deciding that it would only be fair.

And that brought them to the present. Boruto's eyes shone with delight. "So you two are both my dads?" Naruto nodded, looking just as enthusiastic about that fact as Boruto was. The young raven was delighted with this, but another thought floated through his mind, making his stomach sink.

"Wait but what about my sister?" Sasuke blinked in confusion. Panicked, Boruto stood up abruptly, nearly knocking down the chair. "Himawari! What about Himawari? Oh no, did I erase her from existence? What have I done?"

Naruto's eyes softened. "You mean Himawari as in your teammate Himawari?" Boruto blinked at him. "What?" Sasuke grinned. "Shortly after Sakura was found to be pregnant, Hinata had decided she wanted a child as well."

Naruto let out a laugh. "You should have seen Kiba's face when she announced it in front of the entire group. He was red as a tomato!" Sasuke nodded. "So she's alive, but she's Kiba's daughter now."

Boruto beamed at this. "So everyone's alive and well!" The two nodded. Boruto's eyes twinkled, and he quickly ran towards the door. "I'm going to meet the others! Bye!" Sasuke gave him a small wave of the hand, dropping it when the door slammed closed.

Naruto sighed. "Well, that happened." The raven nodded, dropping his head onto the table. "I can't believe it actually worked."

The blonde hmmed in response, sliding out of his chair and walking over to Sasuke. He pressed a kiss to his cheek. "I have a couple of hours before I need to go?" Sasuke smiled into the wood table. "Liar. Shikamaru will kill you if you're late."

Naruto grinned. "So?"

~°~

It was safe to say that Boruto had never been happier. He was currently sitting in an empty training field, surrounded by his friends' laughter.

Inojin had finally convinced his mother to allow him to get a pet cat, and all the girls were cooing over how adorable it was. The raven glanced towards his side, where his sister, er, Himawari, was sitting.

She was a lot louder than he remembered, though he assumed that was just the Inuzuka blood jumping around in her. His team consisted of Sarada, Himawari, and Konohamaru-sensei. Boruto thought it kind of ironic how he was in a team with his new sister and his past one.

Nevertheless, something kept picking at him. Where was Mitsuki? Boruto sighed. He wondered what team his light blue haired friend was in, since his own consisted entirely of girls. Well, and Konohamaru sensei.

Glancing around, the raven noticed that Mitsuki was still nowhere to be seen. Biting down the dark feeling swirling in the chest, he called out to his friends.

"Hey guys, I haven't seen Mitsuki anywhere. Do you guys know where he is?" Half a dozen sets of eyes turned to look at him, exchanging glances with each other. Heart quickly sinking, Boruto asked, "He's ok right? He's not dead, right?"

Sarada gave him an annoyed glance. She let go of the cat she was petting with a huff. "Boruto, what are you talking about? Who the hell is Mitsuki?"